What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-00081 / F-00083 Question

magiccarpet

Well Known Member
Patron
I can't find the section which covers the preparation (dimpling, ev. drilling) of the ADAHRS-Baggage Floor (F-00081) and Baggage Cover (F-00083).
I have gone through the revisions at Van's web-page but didn't find any sections regarding those two parts.

Even though I am not yet at that point, I would like to have them prepared in advance for priming and painting among other interior parts.
There's probably not much to do with those two parts but I want to avoid drilling and dimpling them once they are primed/painted.

So if anybody can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

As best I recall, the ADAHRS cover is in the Garmin installation section. If you haven't ordered your avionics yet, you may not have it. I think the other half cover is in that section also.

Thanks Rick. That makes perfect sense.
I haven't reached the avionics section yet. I ordered those parts together with the split baggage bulkhead for easier accessibility/maintenance in the future, so that the tank does not get in the way.

I can't find the section which covers the preparation (dimpling, ev. drilling) of the ADAHRS-Baggage Floor (F-00081) and Baggage Cover (F-00083).
I have gone through the revisions at Van's web-page but didn't find any sections regarding those two parts.

Even though I am not yet at that point, I would like to have them prepared in advance for priming and painting among other interior parts.
There's probably not much to do with those two parts but I want to avoid drilling and dimpling them once they are primed/painted.

So if anybody can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

I have the Skyview so won't have the ADAHRS under the floorboard, but I was advised by the Mothership to get the two-piece setup to provide access to the stuff under the floor without removing the tank. Not only can I not find any instructions for installing these pieces (maybe it comes with the Skyview avionics kit) but I can't find any mention in the KAI of installing the original piece of the baggage compartment floor covering. Obviously this needs to be installed before the final tank install. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerre

Assuming that you are building an RV-12 not an RV-12is, my F-00081 and F-00083 were supplied with my SkyView kit. The floor panels are referred to on page 42C-11, which is downloadable from Van's service information and revisions page. Look for 19 April 2016.
I think that you will unlikely be final installing your fuel tank before installing all the avionics aft of the baggage bulkhead, as you will need the full opening width for access, unless you install that lot before attaching the tailcone (which is what I did), but even then you need to be able to reach the aft pitot tube and wiring to fasten them to the J-stiffeners anyway.
Of course you could spend an extra $15.40 plus p&p and buy F-00081 and F-00083 from Van's store if you want to paint them now.

Last edited:
Hope this helps

oFf.png

Last edited:
Assuming that you are building an RV-12 not an RV-12is, my F-00081 and F-00083 were supplied with my SkyView kit. The floor panels are referred to on page 42C-11, which is downloadable from Van's service information and revisions page. Look for 19 April 2016.
I think that you will unlikely be final installing your fuel tank before installing all the avionics aft of the baggage bulkhead, as you will need the full opening width for access, unless you install that lot before attaching the tailcone (which is what I did), but even then you need to be able to reach the aft pitot tube and wiring to fasten them to the J-stiffeners anyway.
Of course you could spend an extra $15.40 plus p&p and buy F-00081 and F-00083 from Van's store if you want to paint them now.

Thanks guys. I am building the -12 not the -12iS and I was going to final install the tank while waiting to purchase the avionics kit, though I'll now wait if you guys think it's prudent. I did go ahead and buy the F-00081 and F-00083 erroneously assuming they wouldn't come with anything related to Skyview. I'm still baffled by the all the holes in those parts, but I suppose all will be revealed in time.

Jerre

Back