What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's FWF Parts deletion list if using Vetterman Exhaust

77bonanza

Does anyone have a deletion list for Van's FWF parts list if you use the Vetterman Exhaust System. I am ready to order the FWF Kit but do not want to include parts the are supplied by Vetterman's exhause kit.

Thanks.

I used the V-man exhaust. I called Vans and got the inventory list for the FWF. The exhaust, or at least most of it, is a sub-kit and the parts are all listed together. That covered almost everything.

I attached the FWF inventory sheet for your reference. It’s a little dated but should be pretty close. Exhaust parts start on page 5.

Attachments

• 14 FWF.pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 495
The van's RV-14a (N214VA) now has the Vetterman exhaust, since the new 220HP Lycoming engine is in it. The new bottom cowl is designed for the Vetterman exhaust. maybe I should post a picture on my FB page. It is not painted yet. I guess I must have been one of the first people to fly the RV14a with the new 220 HP engine.

Anyway, I wonder if Van's are selling the bottom cowl for Vetterman exhaust. It would look a lot nicer than the original bottom cowl.

The van's RV-14a (N214VA) now has the Vetterman exhaust, since the new 220HP Lycoming engine is in it. The new bottom cowl is designed for the Vetterman exhaust. maybe I should post a picture on my FB page. It is not painted yet. I guess I must have been one of the first people to fly the RV14a with the new 220 HP engine.

Anyway, I wonder if Van's are selling the bottom cowl for Vetterman exhaust. It would look a lot nicer than the original bottom cowl.

This is incorrect

The new cowl was designed for the new exhaust system that Van's Aircraft developed (and produces in house) in collaboration with Lycoming for the installation of the EXP119 engine, and the new cowl design was part of that development process.

The new cowl might work with the Vetterman system but it was not specifically designed too.

Side note.... the new IO-390EXP119 is rated at 215 HP, not 220.

Last edited:
Back