What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engineer for aerospace opportunities

JesseS

Hi guys,

I'm open to learning about potential engineering opportunities in the areas of aerospace or technology that may have openings in the Seattle or Spokane areas. I'd also be open to relocation to other areas as well.

Having had the opportunity to start building a kit aircraft back in 1997 as a school project, followed by PPL lessons a year later out of KPWT, I gained a huge interest in aviation at a fairly young age. After obtaining my first college degree in aviation, I spent several years with the FAA doing air traffic control before changing professions to engineering.

I currently hold a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering and work as a manufacturing / mechanical engineer for a company that produces various interior components for commercial aircraft, among other things. I enjoy problem solving and developing solutions to complex problems. Product development and R&D are areas I've found very rewarding. I posses over 9 years SolidWorks CAD modeling experience and I'm a Certified SolidWorks Professional. My "tool box" is quite diverse, I believe, with skills ranging from programming (C#, C++, PHP, MySQL, Android, etc.), electronic circuit design, mechanical tooling design and analysis, FEA (ANSYS and SolidWorks Simulation), sensor integration, PLC programming, design for machining, project management and so much more.

For me, not knowing how to do something has never stopped me from doing it. I imagine many builders share that same attitude.

I would welcome hearing about any pertinent opportunities that may exist in the Pacific Northwest.

Please message me direct for any additional information (LinkedIn, resume, personal projects website, etc.). Thank you!

Back