What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

voltage regulator relocation

edward7048

Well Known Member
For those who have done the voltage regulator relocation to under the
instrument panel what heat transfer compound did you use if any?

re-location

I am in process of wiring firewall foreward and have pushed said wires down through panel.. to go to ??? where is this thing bolted too?? so far no information about hookup?? also yellow wire??? lots to worry about, I worry when a wire does not end at specific location/hookup... then down road they say where it goes/hookups... lots of loss sleep...

If you use a heat sink paste then use the same one that goes on the spark plugs. That was what it was originally designed for. Electronic heatsink.

I am in process of wiring firewall foreward and have pushed said wires down through panel.. to go to ??? where is this thing bolted too?? so far no information about hookup?? also yellow wire??? lots to worry about, I worry when a wire does not end at specific location/hookup... then down road they say where it goes/hookups... lots of loss sleep...

New regulator location is under avionics shelf to the right of right side cooling fan.

Refer to 46-23

Dirt-

You need to locate Section 46 Page 23 of the plans .... it has the drawing that shows where the mounting holes are located to install the regulator are on the bottom of the instrument panel.

Happy Building

Back