What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

radiator hose remover tool

edward7048

Well Known Member
IN a blog not too long ago there was a reference to a tool to remove the
radiator hoses on the rotax engine in the Rv-12, I would like to find
the part number for that tool.

Another useful radiator hose-related tool to have in your ROTAX toolbox are "cable-operated hose clamp pliers". These are useful for installing/removing the spring-type hose clamps used on the 912 (and many imported car engines as well). I bought mine at my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store for @ $25? GOOGLE has many other suppliers listed.

RVbuilder2002, your referenced tool is, in reality, a rebar wire tie twister. It can be purchased at most big box home improvement stores.

RVbuilder2002, your referenced tool is, in reality, a rebar wire tie twister. It can be purchased at most big box home improvement stores.

I would think that a tool for that would have a rotating handle for spinning/twisting the wire.
This tool has a solidly attached handle. Probably better control to maneuver the the tip under the hose.

Correct. For twisting the rebar wire ties, you do want the hook to spin freely inside the handle. I have seen some steelworkers use the aviation spring loaded safety wire pliers. I can see how your non-rotating tool would be useful on radiator hoses.

Back