What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

van,s adsb installtion

edward7048

Well Known Member
I installed van,s adsb kit but I am not receiving weather or traffic.
The transponder has 2.02 softwear installed, any suggestions?

After suffering the same, was not getting voltage to it. In tracing, noticed I had not put a fuse in the ADSB fuse slot!

I installed van,s adsb kit but I am not receiving weather or traffic.
The transponder has 2.02 softwear installed, any suggestions?

Be sure you have installed the latest Skyview software update from Dynon. That updates all components. (It is a bit confusing that you only mention the software version running in the transponder...).

When you do a Skyview software update, you need to have both the avionics master on and the autopilot switch on because the xponder and servos are not powered from just the Skyview being on. I normally pull the fuel pump fuse, then turn on the master, avionics master, and AP switch when doing an update.

You should then be able to go to the system setup pages and see that the ADSB is connected and working. See the installation manual for the latest software version. Every time Dynon does a new system software update, they also update both the operations manual and the installation manual.

Also, use the search box for this forum and put in ADSB. There are about 3 threads you will find that you should read.

van,s adsb installation

5.1 software does support adsb and in the adsb statis it shows
the data in port#2 changing.

I guess we are all assuming you are looking for weather and traffic while actually flying near enough to an ADSB tramsmitter?

Back