What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Westach fuel level sender

Is it really straight forward? I've searched
the forum and all the web, no clear instruction
on the installation process.

I have had limited success with either Princeton or Westach on obtaining capacitance probes for my RV-10 tanks.

The information I did get from Westach was the need to special order probes with a 5 or 7 inch bendable section to be able to install them properly in the Van's style tanks.

I don't think the probes available from ACS will meet your needs - at least they were not compatible with the RV-10.

I have had limited success with either Princeton or Westach on obtaining capacitance probes for my RV-10 tanks.

The information I did get from Westach was the need to special order probes with a 5 or 7 inch bendable section to be able to install them properly in the Van's style tanks.

I don't think the probes available from ACS will meet your needs - at least they were not compatible with the RV-10.

2 questions:

+. What do you have installed eventually?
+. Do you have any good contact at Westach?
maybe it worth for us to chat with them.

Has anyone tried these capacitive fuel level probed from Belite? They're pretty expensive but they sure looks like it would be a nice clean installation.

https://m.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ep/fuelsender/belitefuel10-05866.php

Mark

I was interested in the Belite probes as well. However, because of the way the probes work, the vent system has to be at static pressure. Given the design of the RV vents, I believe they will provide some positive pressure which will generate inaccurate readings on the Belite probes - since they very accurately measure the head pressure applied to them.

Back