What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

www.rv8plane.com - Open and up to date!

cbkillion

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker here for quite a while but I guess it's finally time I come out of the shadows. I started an 8(a?) back in November and have been intentionally moving slowly on the empennage but it's now nearing completion. Since I've been running out of things to do on it, I've had time to get my build log website completely up to date.

It's http://www.rv8plane.com.

I would love for people to peruse it and drop me emails with comments/feedback as I progress whenever they want because I feel like it's extra sets of eyes on the project, of which there haven't been too many (just an aloof roommate and a sometimes disenchanted neighbor from the downstairs apartment).

Thanks and I hope yall enjoy it!

Good on ya!

It's a nice site, Brett. Good work! Keep it up-to-date during your build, and eventually it will join the short list of excellent sites new builders turn to for help. I must say how impressed I am you are beginning your build so soon after your AFA graduation and while you're in grad school. I so wish I hadn't waited another two decades after college to begin. Impressive start to your life there. And thank you for your service!

--Stephen

Nice site!

Brett,
I love your site! Your airplane is looking good. I have elevator trim tab envy! ;)

Also, if you find yourself over in Columbus, give me a shout and we can meet up. Love to show you around my project. It's still at home, but hopefully going to the airport in the next 4-6 weeks.
Regards,

Thanks everyone!

I definitely plan to keep the website up. I made it so my family back in Texas can keep in the loop on what's going on and also as a resource for other builders. I hope maybe it will help someone else out because I like doing that!

I have the good fortune of going to grad school as my job so I can fit in airplane-building time much more easily than if I were going to grad school in addition to a job. Really I've wanted to build an RV since I found Dan Checkoway's website back when I was in high school. I figured I better do it now when I'm single and my money is still all mine...

Brent, I've followed your build for over a year. Since moving here I've almost sent you an email about taking a field trip up to Columbus a couple of times. Maybe I could try on your plane for size to see if I need to get the tall pilot option?

Brent, I've followed your build for over a year. Since moving here I've almost sent you an email about taking a field trip up to Columbus a couple of times. Maybe I could try on your plane for size to see if I need to get the tall pilot option?

Anytime Brett!

Back