What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Silly Caption Contest #1

The "Bucket list"

I'll have to add this to my "bucket list" also. Does it come equipped with dual lightspeed ignitions?

Dealer add on's.

Where did you mount the APRS antenna? Is the little john under the seat beside the extended range tanks?

I just wanna know...

Who'd the DAR that signed off on that thing?! He should have his ticket pulled!

Fairings

Fix that front wheel faring. How do you expect to make to San Fran going so slow.

I told you - a record to be broken. Started yesterday at 7:38 and already 58 replies.

One more...

Upset to learn that his application to drive one of the Shriner’s tiny cars in the 4th of July parade had been rejected, Doug took matters into his own hands.

Last edited:
Cari moglie e figli (Dear Wife and Children)

Lo fatto la decisione di "passare squadre"- (I have made the decision to "Switch Teams")

Non che la loro ? niente di sbagliato con esso-(Not that their is anything wrong with it)

Vespa,schmespa

Come on guys---- we're having too much fun at Doug's expense here. Lets get serious! Who wouldn't want a "hogg" like this. If one accessorizes properly(coral leather shorts, vest, and boots with a "wild thing" VAF t-shirt), it could add to the excitement of just going to the airport for no reason.

What I'm thinking---hmmmm--- maybe a coral "Flash"---yeah, yeah, thats the ticket :D:D

I am not sure that I should admit it but,....

I had a Vespa when I was in high school.

It was blue though.:)

Kent

Rumor has it

Rumor has it that Doug has joined a scooter gang

10246642400d7a676878hb2.jpg

When does the contest expire?

And who is going to set up the poll?

And who is going to make the tee shirts?

I think the winner should be an actual caption, not an observation, and it should be original with the poster. I think there are some good candidates!

Pick a name for it

Yoo Hoo, Dougee, you should name her Tinkerbell:p
Here's your "nose art".
tinkerbell.jpg

Last edited:
And who is going to set up the poll?
And who is going to make the tee shirts?
I think the winner should be an actual caption, not an observation, and it should be original with the poster. I think there are some good candidates!

Man, am I ever taking it on the chin with this thing :D.

Larry brings up good points. I'll let this go for a few more days (maybe through the weekend). Whichever one my flying buddy Ross Burgess says made him laugh the most is the winner.

Winner gets a hat or shirt (their choice). I got $15 worth of laughs out of this thread....it's worth it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to Oprah.

b,
d

Buffet would be proud!

"Official Ride of the Texas Wing of the 'Coral' Reefer Band"

You'll need a parrot too...but aren't those "nibbled spongecake" crumbs I see in the pic? (gotta be there somewhere!)

I say keep the color and logo-it-up! :)

(OBTW, Pete's still got my vote from post #2...hard to beat!)

Cheers,

Bob Mills
"Rocket" RV-6
N600SS
4SD (Reno Margaritaville Wing)

Doug Who?

"Whichever one my flying buddy Ross Burgess says made him laugh the most is the winner."

Obviously there is another RV owner out there with the same name as me, because I've never met this "Doug Reeves" or "Tinkerbell" or whatever his name is, and certainly would not go flying with anybody like that.

"Whichever one my flying buddy Ross Burgess says made him laugh the most is the winner."

Obviously there is another RV owner out there with the same name as me, because I've never met this "Doug Reeves" or "Tinkerbell" or whatever his name is, and certainly would not go flying with anybody like that.

This may be the winner right here!

J

Say it with me now....

Tink! Tink! Tink! Tink! :D

I gotta go with the call sign...perfect.

Tinkerbell. I ROTFL'ed when I saw that!

Vespa Road Force

Can the Vespa road force web site be far behind? I can see it now, please send in 25 cents a year (after all this is a some what less expensive hobby)

Last edited:
All of my sorority sisters from Baylor think it's a perfect color match for our sorority colors!

Seeing that thread titled "Weather Briefs", I was wondering if Doug was going to put on a fashion show for us next. :eek:

Of course you all know that Doug got into biking early

Here is the proof.

He was a little upset that he couldn't have a different color back then.

Kent

Last edited:
scooter envy

"Now I can make a ______ climax faster than I can get to the store." Insert slang term for appropriate gender....

Last edited:
Paint Upgrade

If you think you're hot now, wait until Tinkerbell gets a new paint job.

cl50pinkladylh6.jpg

A gift to remember

I have to compliment Doug. He as has been a real sport and I'm sure it will slip back into threads every now and then.

Do you think we should all chip in and give him a nice gift for Christmas this year so he can reflect back?

How about this one?
pink20tool20boxxv6.jpg

I'm to sexy

"I'm to sexy for my bike, to sexy for my bike, so sexy that it hurts"

"I'm to sexy for my plane, to sexy for my plane, to sexy by far"

Edit... Thinking that there is a large cross section of the population represented here it dawned on me that there are most likely a lot of lucky individuals out there that will not get this. If you are one of those, but wish to have your reality altered you can watch this.

Last edited:
I'll try this one

Here's what comes to my mind....

"Hey big fella, wanna go for a ride in my RV?"

Thats all I got at 6:30 in the morning.

Retort: It gets 80 mpg

For all those you with the deprecating comments: You are looking at the future. The SUV's are going to be in a museum along with T Rex and the Brontosauras.

Doug, keep that smile on your face. You fill it up for $3:50.

My advice, get a good basket. I have one on my Honda scooter, that way
you don't have to balance groceries on the floor boards. And a good bungee
cord to tie chickens on the back.

Pretty soon we are going to look like a third world country, bikes and scooters all over the place.

Steve Anderson
RV 7A H-6
Lafayette La.

Back