What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static system question.

PrescottB787

Are most people happy with the Vans static port and tubing or going with another brand like SafeAir, Cleavland Tool, or??

I used the standard static port and tubing aft, and it is working very well. When the tubing came forward I used the push fittings behind the panel and they work very well too. It all works fine whatever you want to do.

The 1/4 inch nylon J844 brake line tubing sold for trucks is pretty cheap for the wing pitot, AOA or aft static lines too and very long lasting. Any push fitting you find compatible with it will last a lifetime in our application. J844 won't push onto the plans rivet for the static port though. That's why I used the Vans tubing aft and converted forward.

The SafeAir (and others) static port doesn't work better than the rivet.

Static System Question

I'm building a -10 and using the Cleveland Static Ports. My Tech Counselor used them on his -10 as well. Hope this helps.

PS I see you're in the Houston area?

The pulled rivet static system that Van's uses is economical, simple, and has worked beautifully for many, many years and thousands of RVs. There is absolutely no reason to change it.

Back