What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking For A Nice RV-8

KCMI Pilot

I'm New Here
I am a mid-west based professional pilot just starting my search for an already flying RV-8.

I know this is a shot in the dark on this forum but if anyone knows of one for sale or that is soon to be for sale, I would be very interested in learning more about the aircraft.

I am hoping to find a pampered, well cared for RV and give it a loving home!

Thank you.

I’m going to sell my one of a kind beyond show quality slider Fastback 8 in the near future.

Not sure what quality you want or what your budget is but this plane is as good as it gets, none better.

Too much to type but here’s a short overview:

-IFR with all Garmin glass (G3X, GTN750, etc)
-extended range tanks
-hinged wing tips
-Beringer wheels and brakes
-Showplanes extended round inlet cowl
-James pants
-Grove landing gear
-WW prop with 15” spinner
-AeroSport IO375
-JD tailwheel & steering
-Custom ultra leather with finished/embroidered baggage compartments
-hidden smoke system
-infinity grips
-full rear controls
-additional baggage
-AVEO zip tips
-45k paint

Planned on showing it at Oshkosh but never made it due to Covid.

Plane is in SE Ohio

If interested:

Email - [email protected]
Text/call - 740-350-5188

Good luck with your search.

Rick Gray

Last edited:
Rick,
Wow, so glad you are still at it! You are the bar that I use to measure anything I’ve ever done in home building. My reach has to be high. I hope to see you at a Flyin in 2021.

Thanks Scott :).
Still building and creating. Just finished 2 really sweet RV14’s and just starting on my 7th RV10. My Slider Fastback 8 exceeded my expectations, even the 3 baggage areas are finished in Ultra Leather with custom embroidery....makes my Osh Grand Champion F1Rocket look like a klunker.....ha ha. Too much going on and I don’t fly that much anymore so I’ll be letting it go.
Stop in for a visit anytime you are near the Chesapeake Bay.....I should have made this move years ago :).

Rick,
Wow, so glad you are still at it! You are the bar that I use to measure anything I’ve ever done in home building. My reach has to be high. I hope to see you at a Flyin in 2021.

Chesapeake Bay

Hi Rick,

Where are you on the Chesapeake? I am just up the road at N07 Bermudian Valley. Where is your airport, perhaps I can fly down.

Regards, Brent

W75 Hummel Field.

I left my slider Fastback 8 back in Ohio 3 months ago, just too busy right now and will be listing it in the spring.

Just starting my 7th RV10, stop in anytime :).

Hi Rick,

Where are you on the Chesapeake? I am just up the road at N07 Bermudian Valley. Where is your airport, perhaps I can fly down.

Regards, Brent

Last edited:
Thanks Scott :).
Still building and creating. Just finished 2 really sweet RV14’s and just starting on my 7th RV10. My Slider Fastback 8 exceeded my expectations, even the 3 baggage areas are finished in Ultra Leather with custom embroidery....makes my Osh Grand Champion F1Rocket look like a klunker.....ha ha. Too much going on and I don’t fly that much anymore so I’ll be letting it go.
Stop in for a visit anytime you are near the Chesapeake Bay.....I should have made this move years ago :).

Any chance you have pics of the baggage compartments

Back