What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

alternate torque seal

A5555

Well Known Member
I have found that I prefer VC-3 as a torque seal. it last longer, acts as a soft thread lock, and provides damping. it sticks better than torque seal and does not adversely affect plastic.

IMG_20201002_161209.jpg

I have found that I prefer VC-3 as a torque seal. It sticks better than torque seal and does not adversely affect plastic.

I wouldn’t be putting this product on wet anywhere that it might contact my canopy. It contains levels of MEK as a solvent....deadly for acrylic.

I used it for canopy screws but it was applied to the screw threads and let it flash off the solvent before installing. works well, I haven't needed to tighten any of those screws since it was applied several years ago.

Does it harden or remain soft? If it doesn't harden it can attract dust possibly, not sure if that would be an issue just my brain popping off. :D
I have used this before in RC stuff, its for things like wing bolts that you remove after you fly.

I use E-6000 for that purpose. It's transparent (pro and con) stays pliable, nothing sticks to it after it dries.

I use Dykem CrossCheck now. I gave up on TorqueSeal as it always dried out in the plastic tube. CrossCheck is in a foil tube and lasts a long time.

Back