What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 leading edge aluminum

Scotty G

Well Known Member
Hi gang,

I'm looking to cover the landing light cutouts in each wing on my RV-8. With the addition of the Aveo ZipTips, I have no need for these and would much rather have the continuity of the leading edges.

With that in mind, does anybody have portions of shaped leading edge skin they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price? I would guess I probably need about 12 inches total, maybe more. I'm guessing RV-4, -6, and -7 skins would be the same shape?

And with that in mind, if there are better ideas than using skin and riveting it in place and forming a nice surface, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

[email protected] or PM here.

Attachments

• aScott RV_05a.jpg
    aScott RV_05a.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 91
Hi gang,

I'm looking to cover the landing light cutouts in each wing on my RV-8. With the addition of the Aveo ZipTips, I have no need for these and would much rather have the continuity of the leading edges.

With that in mind, does anybody have portions of shaped leading edge skin they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price? I would guess I probably need about 12 inches total, maybe more. I'm guessing RV-4, -6, and -7 skins would be the same shape?

And with that in mind, if there are better ideas than using skin and riveting it in place and forming a nice surface, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

[email protected] or PM here.

I think I can help you with this - I have a leading edge skin that got damaged in a move several years back. It's been getting slowly used for random purposes, but I don't have much use for the formed portion really.

I'm out of town until Monday, but when I get back I'll measure what I've got left and let you know, though I'm pretty sure I have plenty of material to cover those holes...and even to double up and make nice flush fillers if you want to get really fancy.

Back