What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12is Cowl Plugs

Lately I've been toying with the idea of a cowl wrap that would protect all the #^$ openings in the 12iS cowl. I have some home made plugs now but that doesn't help with the radiator openings. The plane really needs something that wraps around the front and covers ALL the openings. Bruce sells an expanded canopy cover that also covers the engine. In hind sight that would have been the thing to get!

Have you tried Bruce’s Custom covers? I see he has RV 12is.

They are able to make custom plugs based on pictures and measurements you send them. If they don’t have your size on the shelf, they will make custom for you. Top notch quality and service. Highly recommend.

They are able to make custom plugs based on pictures and measurements you send them. If they don’t have your size on the shelf, they will make custom for you. Top notch quality and service. Highly recommend.

Bruce's won't make them. Here is their response:

Thanks for the request. We decided against offering cowl plugs for the RV-12iS cowling. The inlets are too small to make a conforming plug, and given the additional vents and screens in front and on top, and Engine Cover or combo Canopy/Engine Cover is much more practical than numerous plugs all roped together.

Bruce's won't make them. Here is their response:

Thanks for the request. We decided against offering cowl plugs for the RV-12iS cowling. The inlets are too small to make a conforming plug, and given the additional vents and screens in front and on top, and Engine Cover or combo Canopy/Engine Cover is much more practical than numerous plugs all roped together.

Yep, agree. I wish i had purchased the canopy and cowl cover back at Oshkosh instead of just the canopy cover

Back