What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV-4 Owners near DYB

jmercmon

I'm New Here
Looking for any RV-4 owners near Summerville DYB. I'm interested in buying a -4 and would like to sit in one before I make my decision.

Looking for any RV-4 owners near Summerville DYB. I'm interested in buying a -4 and would like to sit in one before I make my decision.

Hello Jason and welcome to the forum.

I am based at DYB and not aware of an RV-4 based at the field. Actually, I have the only RV on the field unless someone recently moved in.

Here is a link to the officers at EAA Chapter 477 out of Walterboro. Perhaps they could direct you to the nearest RV-4.

http://www.eaa477.org/477-leadership-team.html

Regards,

Last edited:
Thanks Tom

I did fill out a membership form for the EAA chapter in Walterboro but did not get any response. I will go to a meeting if they have one soon, I am not sure they are having meeting again yet.

On another subject what is the hanger situation at DYB? What?s the ballpark cost? I tried to get up with Don H. But all I got was radio silence. I am really just trying to gather info for my budget planning at this point but I would not be opposed if they are hard to come but going ahead and renting one or getting in on a share deal now.

Thanks
Jason

Thanks Tom

I did fill out a membership form for the EAA chapter in Walterboro but did not get any response. I will go to a meeting if they have one soon, I am not sure they are having meeting again yet.

On another subject what is the hanger situation at DYB? What?s the ballpark cost? I tried to get up with Don H. But all I got was radio silence. I am really just trying to gather info for my budget planning at this point but I would not be opposed if they are hard to come but going ahead and renting one or getting in on a share deal now.

Thanks
Jason

Yes, after Walterboro Airport taking a direct hit from an E-4 tornado Chapter business has understandably slowed down.

Check your private messages (PM), I sent you my phone number so we can discuss DYB business.

Regards,

RV-4 close to DYB

Hey Tom, I'm based at Ridgeland (3J1) pretty close to you. I might be able to zip up one of these mornings, next wk??

I've been flying my 4 over 25 yrs. Great plane.

Talk to you later. Call me if you want.

Best, Rod

Rod Kauber
970-531-0004

Back