What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First post...

Rich Pulman

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I've been lurking here for a year or so, but recently bought an RV-3A and decided it was time to join up and support the site.

I want to dedicate my first post to Steve Hurlburt who made the purchase of the RV-3A (my first owned aircraft) a much less stressful experience.

Steve is a member of this site and has built several RVs. He happened to live in the same city where the RV-3A was listed for sale. Although I only know Steve through this site, he agreed to perform a pre-buy inspection on my behalf, including a test flight. He then provided me with in-depth written reports on both. And he did this without any expectation of compensation! I was truly impressed with his incredible support. His feedback allowed me to proceed with the purchase knowing I wouldn't be disappointed.

As I begin my own journey into the Van's world, it's encouraging to know there are such fine people around who are willing to help out when asked.

Thanks Steve. I really appreciate your professionalism and kindness.

Welcome Rich!

If I may be so bold, welcome to VAF! I think you are building the 2nd best RV and flying the best. :D

Welcome aboard Rich.
The generosity of the RV family has been one of the best parts of owning one. I had a similar experience when searching for the right plane for me. I love sharing my plane and one guy on our field went right out and bought one after taking a ride. Pay it forward!

Me too.

You will like the 8 even better once you get it up and going. As it will be your baby that you made and know the best. Welcome home.
Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Welcome to VAF, and Congratulations

I've been lurking here for a year or so, but recently bought an RV-3A and decided it was time to join up and support the site.

Rich, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Congrats on the 3.

Welcome Rich

I too sure wouldn't mind owning a 3. I've heard the best flyer of the line-up. Alas, I have a family I would like to take with me, so I'm building a 10.

Welcome

Welcome Rich,
I also have the same combination, a flying RV 3a and a RV 8 in the shop. Just hope the 8 flys as good as the 3.
Bill

Welcome to the world of RVs. There are a lot of RVs in Ontario. A group at Brampton, and another at St.Thomas to name a few. My strip is 1.5nm north of St.Thomas if you would like to check out a grass patch.
We have family in Huntsville and occasionally use Muskoka airport, a nice one hour flight.

Last edited:
Welcome. Even though, I have sold my RV-8 and no longer fly, this group is always a part of my day. RVrs are the best.

Welcome

Welcome to VAF!!!

Yeah its a really tough decision when someone asks you to take a Rv-3 for a rip and give them feedback. It was a joy.

Hope you have fun and hope to meet you someday.

Welcome!

Hey Rich,

I?m in Oshawa and built an RV-8. Just had my first flight on Dec 30th. Weather has been the pits and have only been able to get 3 hrs on it.

Once I get the 25 hours off, I?ll come to Muskoka and repay you for my T-33 flight back in ?89!

If you need a hand with the 8 build, let me know...have almost every tool you could ever need!

Cheers,

Don

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It?s encouraging to know that there?s so much support available to help with the build. And with very little ?small? airplane experience, it has been great to have some folks helping me learn to flare a little lower than 30? and teach me what a magneto does. Anyone wanting to visit CYQA, just let me know your plans. If I?m not on the other side of the planet working, I?ll happily meet-and-greet any fellow RVers. It?s even a port of entry for any Americans who want to take a quick trip across the border. I?m excited to be part of the RV club. :)

I don't know about making it to CYQA... but I'm in CYQG often, visiting and flying with the CH2A. If you feel like hopping over to Windsor, let me know! And if you ever need to use KPTK as a U.S. Port of Entry, let me know. Might be able to lend some hangar space.

Back