What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-Mag Operating Temperatures

Not really much of an installation, but is a quick photo

axgpzb.jpg

only one Pmag firing

Has anyone had an issue with a quick turn and not having one of their Pmags firing after engine start on a warm day?

It seems once they have cooled for 1/2 hour or 40 minutes they are fine but if I start within 10 or 15 min after shutdown, only the left Pmag is firing.

Thanks

Has anyone had an issue with a quick turn and not having one of their Pmags firing after engine start on a warm day?

It seems once they have cooled for 1/2 hour or 40 minutes they are fine but if I start within 10 or 15 min after shutdown, only the left Pmag is firing.

Thanks

That has been a problem with some Lightspeed units too. And they were installed behind the firewall.

Thanks

Nope, hot days here in Alabama they fire right up. Houston, we have a problem! (I wouldn't fly until you get it sorted)

I open up the fuel door on hot days to let the gremlins out, maybe that helps ;)

Last edited:

Thanks

Never a problem, 800+ hours on a dual pMag install flown on very cold and very hot days.

Recommend giving Brad a call as this is not normal.

Carl

Looked again when it didn?t fire and sure enough getting a flashing yellow light. Pulled the Mag yesterday to send in.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Temps without blast tubes

The OP asked if anyone has measured Pmag temps WITHOUT blast tubes. Anyone have that data?

Thanks,
Ron B

Back