What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airflow Performance V AvStar System

Ottoman

I am building an 7A with IO-360M1B CS and it has come to my attention that the Airflow system will have a clearance problem with the stock cowling. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Thanks
John

My 7A has an IO-360, Hartzell CS and Airflow fuel injection and I had no problems with the factory cowl. When you order the kit I think you have to specify what setup you are planning to use.

Dan

The Avstar and AFP FM150 are same length with the same flanges.

An FM200 might require a cowl mod.

Thanks guy's for the quick reply.
I will call Lycoming tomorrow about a change.
Lycoming emailed me this morning about a clearance issue with using the Airflow Performance system, maybe their using the FM200.

John

FM200

The Avstar and AFP FM150 are same length with the same flanges.

An FM200 might require a cowl mod.
My cowl needed a mod to fit the FM200. I would have gone with the FM150 had it been available.

AFP

Van's called me back late yesterday and basically confirmed what was said on this thread, FM-150 will work with no mods to the cowling, FM-200 will not.

But, the air intake will need a modification!? The FWF kit is set up for AvStar system. Is there an after market kit for the air intake? Van's basically said it will be like putting a square peg in a round hole. Mod? Any feed back on that?

Another thing, after reading the thread from DanH, which refers to the 390 engine, will I need the FM-150 throttle/mixture cable bracket kit? Or will this be done at Lycoming? I guess I can make another call to them.

John

Back