What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Make A Wish Check presented

KenAvery

from the front page:

Fri 03.26.10 1154z
A 'good' Friday. Today Ken Avery and I will hand a check for $6,000 over to Make-a-wish, an amount that equates to 100% of the profits from selling things with this site's logo on it over the past year and a half. Making a kid smile is a nice way to start the weekend, me thinks.
Wishing you a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend.
Doug Reeves
(RV-6 / IFR rating progress)

I met Doug over at the Irving Texas MAW office, presented a $6000 check to them and did the fun big-check photo.

The most important parts of this -

$6000 pays for a wish! A family trip for four to Disney World, and all the things that go with it are a bit more than $6000, but no matter, we paid, YOU guys paid for a trip for a child, or a playground, or a wish to meet a country star, or something like that. And you have done it 2 times, 3 times, Doug?

It is totally awesome.

It was the most important week of our life with our son Julian, it was the last week he was able to walk, run, and play, and it happened at Disney in Florida, because of make a wish.

Doug will be posting a photo of a tree painting soon, over at Make a Wish. [ed. Update: posted in reply. dr].

Look closely at the leaves on the tree, they are all handprints of wish kids...

Thank you guys!
Ken Avery

http://www.wish.org/
www.givekidstheworld.org
www.juliansworld.org

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no better group than the VAF community. Another data point (six large going to kid smiles).

Honored beyond words to be associated with you folks. You make me a better person.

ea15df.jpg

Ken Avery in the center...presenting the big check.

This picture is actually part of the wall from the previous MAW headquarters. They cut it out and moved it to the new location - it's the centerpiece of the main room (as it should be).
e6zp12.jpg

Buy a hat or shirt....we give all the profits away.

Last edited:
Julian would be proud. :)

Of all the endeavors we engage in as individuals, there's just nothing quite like giving back.

Man, this twangs the heartstrings!

...Maybe I'm just a bit sentimental, but this is soooo giving...I'm proud of you guys!

Best,

Make a Wish

What a great donation!

My son was a recipient of a Make A Wish. He chose to meet The Terminator ( now our Governor in NorCal). It took a while for the arrangements to be made but everything about the Make a Wish organization and their staff was first rate. They take what they do very seriously including interviewing the individual to ensure the Wish is his/hers. The lady that chaperoned us from arriving in LAX throughout the 3 day trip had to deal with constantly changing "Star" schedules but kept the whole thing moving smoothly. There were 2 other families with us.

Great organization!

Fantastic

Fantastic guys!!! This is one of the most worthy charities I can think of. I personally donate to 4 charities, with Make a Wish getting the biggest chunk. I urge everyone to change a life and donate something annually to MaW.

Great job guys. Be proud.

Choke, Choke

Man, this kind of stuff makes a hard lump in my throat. Choke, Choke, I'm a real sucker for charity. Don't know why, but since I can, I do. Who knows, maybe someday I'll need something myself.

Back