What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Multiple disassembly frustrations.

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I've built a 7, an 8, 2 12's and now into a 10.

The 10 is proving way more frustrating due to the complex way you are expected to assemble and disassemble fuselage components during the early stages. Most of it involves installing and removing bolts around the centre bulkhead area. Now I am not using 365 nuts - they would be scrap after 2 uses, best quality Home Despot nuts with pink flags next to them ! Oh, and if you haven't already got your wing kit, you can't mate the lower halves as you don't have any wing bolts :confused: Not that I would put NAS bolts in and out several times either.

I am getting more and more convinced that some of this is to 'justify' the 51% rule.

I wonder if the kits they send to the Philippines get pre prep or a different assembly, because I cannot see them doing all this.

Welcome to the party. You?ll enjoy the fiberglass work....

Apart from not quite getting my head around the Parabeam 3D glass cloth, the usual composite work is relatively straight forward. I am the local spat repair center :D

Richard, I am using Home Despot finest greenhouse nuts ;) Anywhere that isn't finished gets a small wrap of pink mason string to remind me - well worth doing as a cheap reminder.

Apart from not quite getting my head around the Parabeam 3D glass cloth, the usual composite work is relatively straight forward. I am the local spat repair center :D

Richard, I am using Home Despot finest greenhouse nuts ;) Anywhere that isn't finished gets a small wrap of pink mason string to remind me - well worth doing as a cheap reminder.

Yep good idea Mike. I stick blue tape on them. And if I think it?s the last time I?ll use the real one. Been caught a few times tho!

Back