What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Numatx

Turbo911

I have a Numatx squeezer. Has worked really well and I enjoy the tool. However, started having problems with the foot pedal last night and now it is not working at all. It's the valve in the foot pedal. I have taken it apart, cleaned, greased and reassembled. Did not see anything foreign, still does not work. It is constantly venting air in the released position. Anyone had similiar problems? I have a call into the manufacturer, but they are closed.

I have a Numatx squeezer. Has worked really well and I enjoy the tool. However, started having problems with the foot pedal last night and now it is not working at all. It's the valve in the foot pedal. I have taken it apart, cleaned, greased and reassembled. Did not see anything foreign, still does not work. It is constantly venting air in the released position. Anyone had similiar problems? I have a call into the manufacturer, but they are closed.

It may just be easier to buy a new pedal - Ebay - last i checked were around USD 14

Any resolution?

I have been using a Numatx squeezer for about six months now without any issue. It's a significant investment for a tool, and mine has worked well for me so far. Am curious to know if the manufacturer offered any advice or solution regarding the problem. Is there any tip to ensure the foot pedal stays healthy?

Same exact problem here. Numatx is about 2-3 years old. Called Hytek (who bought Numatx I think….). They are “researching”.

The foot pedal is made by Nitra, and sold by AutomationDirect. Part # CVS-5272-FP. It’s a three port valve. Automation Direct sells for $35.

It is constantly venting air in the released position. Anyone had similiar problems? I have a call into the manufacturer, but they are closed.

I've had a Numatx for quite some time and almost done with the second airplane using it. I did have the same issue with air venting in the released position and found that a little tool oil in the pedal inlet was a fix, albeit temporary.

The foot pedal is made by Nitra, and sold by AutomationDirect. Part # CVS-5272-FP. It’s a three port valve. Automation Direct sells for $35.

Ultimately, this is exactly what I did. If it's out of warranty (I think it was 12 months), buying this unit will be a lowest cost/effort, although as other's have pointed out, the air valve can be sourced and replaced separately at a pretty low cost, but the whole pedal set from Automation Direct is a quick and easy swap out.

Numatx fix - not the pedal valve after all.

So I've got to admit, that when Numatx/Hy-Tech told me they were 'researching' earlier today, my expectations were very low....

I absolutely love my Numatx. It is probably my favorite tool. But I was not really expecting much for service from the initial conversation. So I just went ahead and ordered the pedal valve that I reference above.

I guess I jumped the gun...... I got a call back within about an hour from James (product manager). After a little discussion his diagnosis was that constant airflow out from the pedal valve was likely due to the internal piston in the intensifier unscrewing from the piston rod over time, and allowing air to bypass.

So I opened it up and found exactly what he suspected - the piston-rod had come unscrewed and separated from the piston. The piston and rod are now reconnected with a little blue loctite which I'll let cure overnight, then I'm back in business tomorrow. That will be sooner than my now unnecessary foot pedal valve will arrive. But at least I'll have a spare foot valve - just in case for next time....

S
I guess I jumped the gun...... I got a call back within about an hour from James (product manager). After a little discussion his diagnosis was that constant airflow out from the pedal valve was likely due to the internal piston in the intensifier unscrewing from the piston rod over time, and allowing air to bypass.

So I opened it up and found exactly what he suspected - the piston-rod had come unscrewed and separated from the piston. The piston and rod are now reconnected with a little blue loctite which I'll let cure overnight, then I'm back in business tomorrow. That will be sooner than my now unnecessary foot pedal valve will arrive. But at least I'll have a spare foot valve - just in case for next time....

I must admit that I didn't give it much thought for what was about $30 when I bought the new pedal and chucked the old one. I figured that after who knows how many thousands of rivets, the valve had just worn. If it starts showing the same symptoms again, I'll be sure to disassemble and inspect.

That's great feedback - thanks for sharing your findings.

Ours started doing that as well. Put some line lube down it and all was fine.

If it starts again, I will look in the intensifier.

Our head started failing to retract - that was the small set screw inside the ram coming undone.

Back