What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Red Cube Fuel Flow Transmitter Calibration

TJCF16

Well Known Member
I had a red cube installed for about 3 years then it went wacky. I sent it off for repair and EII said I needed a new one. I installed the new one in March and it reads high all the time. It will say I used 38 gallons when I only used 22. I have used the formula that is out lined in the G3X touch installation manual to recompute the K-Factor. I will fly it cross country next weekend and check it out. I don't understand why my first one was good at 68000 default for red cube 60 and this one is not. Anyone else seen this? My new K-Factor number is 117455

Last edited:
I realize this reply is a few months after the original post, but I wanted to offer some insight. Our flow transducers have an inlet and outlet port and the paddles of the impeller are designed for fuel to turn them from the inlet port. If the transducer were to be installed backwards, the fuel flow would display roughly half of what it should, requiring a large change to the k-factor to compensate. As your stated K-factor is 117455 (close to double 68000), I recommend verifying the orientation of the flow transducer.

Last edited:
Back