- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBob View Post
Probably more important than AirNav, as AirNav is reputed to delete negative reviews of advertisers. To be fair, I?ve written a couple of negative reviews which haven?t been deleted.
In looking at their AirNav page, I see that comments are disabled by the owner... which kinda indicates to me that they've had their share of negative comments and the owner/manager just doesn't care enough to hear about them. Nice.
Houston, TX
Old 01-29-2018, 11:31 AM

An additional warning posted on FATSCS might garner more experiences from others that have had issues... Plus, social media always seems to get a response a bit different.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:14 AM

"I suggested he might want to add to his AWOS message something that addresses the poor grassy areas that are unsuitable for parking along with his current one about having to back taxi for runway 35 departures. He strongly disagreed because he doesn?t advertise grass parking."

Interesting that even your suggestion that wouldn't cost a dime was rejected. It's amazing when some businesses have customers despite themselves. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:37 AM

I think Mr Stearman died in 1975.
Instagram @sblack2154
Old 02-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Bummed to hear about your wheel pant
I flew up last year for the cars and planes fly-in and had a good time. They had folks directing parking into the grass, and they were very cautious about avoiding the pot holes. Apparently caused by CH-47?s that like to drop in for lunch.
I look forward to returning there, but hopefully your comments will help prevent the issue from happening again.
Keith S., Spirit #700
1981 RV-3 bought 1/2017. O-320 AvMap Ultra.
2019 Dues Paid.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Default Thanks Keith

I did post a comment on ForeFlight and I noticed someone else added a follow on comment. I?ve started repair/replacement work on my nose wheel skirt. Not being the original builder or having build experience I?m finding the process both challenging and time consuming - but also a little enjoyable.

I don?t know the name of the field owner who called me but he was definitely initially rude and only got worse after I hung up on him. He even called me back three times to finish his comments.

I agree the on field restaurant makes Stearman a nice ?$100 hamburger? destination but as I previously said the lack of adequate safe parking also ruins the experience when something happens. I was fortunate that it wasn?t worse. If I?d fallen into the hole a couple of more inches it would have resulted in a prop strike - a really expensive problem.

Just be careful there. The owner only wants your money and doesn?t care about airport parking. Are you back from the Mideast?
Superior XPIO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Aerotronics panel with Dual GRT Horizon WS, EIS, Garmin 340, 335 w/WAAS gps, Dual 430s (non-WAAS), TruTrak 385 A/P with auto-level, Electric trim, Tosten 6 button Military Grips, FlightBox wired to WS, Dynon D10A w/battery backup, 406 MHz ELT. Custom Interior, New TS Flightline hoses, Great POH!
Retired - Living the dream - going broke!
Old 02-10-2018, 11:28 AM

Talking

Haha hey Jim!! I didn?t even notice who the original poster was! Surfing VAF from my iPhone can be a challenge.
Nah still out here in the sand box. Hopefully back mid March!
Can?t wait to get back and catch up with y?all!
Keith S., Spirit #700
1981 RV-3 bought 1/2017. O-320 AvMap Ultra.
2019 Dues Paid.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:10 AM

Just an FYI that they’ve recently poured some more concrete to roughly double the ramp parking here at Stearman.The parking issues should be addressed.

Watch out for the VASI lights on the East side of the runway that poke up through the center of the new concrete area between the restaurant and the runway.

This was done due to all the jet traffic that is here during the week. They were always short on overnight parking for the jets that would get staged on the ramp for early morning flights.