What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Artex 345 using Garmin 18 for GPS source

werxcv01

Well Known Member
I’ve spent the last hour trying to find a thread about using a Garmin 18 as a GPS source for a 406 ELT. I remember seeing one but must not have subscribed to it. I wish the search function would allow an “all the words” option. If it does, please enlighten me. Using “Garmin” as a search item returns a lot of unrelated results.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Standard 345 wants aviation protocol position, and I think the 18 is NMEA Output. Check that first.

The Standard 345 wants aviation protocol position, and I think the 18 is NMEA Output. Check that first.

I think you have to specify the one you want when you order, although I don’t think ACS shows that on their website. Thanks for reminding me, though.

I think you have to specify the one you want when you order, although I don’t think ACS shows that on their website. Thanks for reminding me, though.

ACS doesn't offer a choice. They ship it set up for aviation/9600, if the selected country is USA. It can be re-programmed for NMEA/4800

Back