What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Red Cube Install - Take Two

Keith, I wasnt trying to be confrontational.

Tom

Tom, nor I. If my attempt at levity fell flat my apologies. I have the greatest respect for you and your joint venture products. Having come from the large commercial and military aerospace world the experimental world certainly has challenges that I only imagined. The RV-7A that I am building will not be the lightest or the prettiest in the fleet. I do hope it is right up there with the safest and most reliable (which is why I used your fuel line products). I believe that good theory, rigorous analysis and adequate testing, coupled with experienced intuitive engineering gets the best results. If it looks right it quite often is - the converse is also mostly true. To each our own way of doing things. Hopefully we can continue to view all potential solutions with an open mind against the usual criteria of safety, reliabilty, maintanability, manufacterabilty, weight and cost.
KT

Here are two pics from the internals of the Red Cube. This one failed on me and I wanted to have a look. There is only a plastic wheel inside which is driven by the fuel flow. This wheel interrupts a LED light and so counts the wheel speed and so fuel flow. It is all sealed and I don´t see the reason why the manufacturer recommends wires up if possible.

wpMQVtT.jpg

gThdDmb.jpg

My thoughts are they recommend wires up to avoid a fuel leak entering the electrical connections. Just my theory...

Back