What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap rod clearance hole

Stewbronco

Well Known Member
Ok. Another potentially dumb question .....anyone ever put a doubler around hole in fuselage for flap rod ? Thinking of doing exactly that and the " longerin" that floorboards sit on has a relief in it also that I think could use a doubler also ? ...many thanks and pictures of the ckearnce holes appreciated. Cheers. Stew

Pics of yours?

Stew, Can you post a picture of yours? I will get you some of mine next time im at my hangar. I have to remove an interior panel to do internal shots unless I have some in my build photos. The trimming of the floor longeron is not uncommon. If your cutouts are smooth, I wouldn't really worry about a doubler, but then again, I don't know how big they are. When your flaps are "up" is the hole trough the skin covered?

Pictures

Thanks Bill .... I will try and post some pictures . Hole is completely covered with flaps up ....just not used to a fairly substantial hole in skin without a doubler . Reassuring to hear that the " longeron " gets trims as a usual matter ....thinking I will add something simple just for peace of mind as I have things apart right now.

Back