What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jim Averett

Tom Dalrymple

I'm New Here
The flying world lost a truely great guy due to a mid air last Friday. I don’t know any facts other than I was told he was assisting another plane that had some mechanical issue and a collision occurred. The other plane landed safely. Would appreciate any information anybody has.
Jim was the most competent and careful pilot I had the pleasure of knowing. Still finding it hard to accept.

This was a very bad piece of news to get this weekend. I'm going to miss Jim. A total gentleman and all around very nice guy.

I flew a Learjet with Jim for 5 years, he was a true professional. We all will miss his knowledge and leadership. We had breakfast together every Tuesday and he helped all of us with our RVs. He built a beautiful RV8.

There was a formation clinic for Bonanzas that has been held in Fredericksburg for years. Jim really loved doing this and a RV clinic. He and another Bonanza had a midair about two miles north of Fredericksburg. The other Bonanza made an off airport landing with no injuries as far as I know. It was substantially damaged. NTSB is investigating. Jim’s Bonanza ended up in trees and burned. There is a missing man formation in the works.

Missing Man

Falcon Flight will be doing a missing man for our teammate Jim "Flagman" Averett. He will truly be missed!!!

Back