What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gnx375 owners happy with that navigator?

Turbo69bird

Well Known Member
Just wondering if people who bought the gnx 375 are happy with it or would they have bought something different. Need to comply w adsb and thought this might be a good option.
It?s either that or go tail beacon and an in solution.

I?d probably have bought it already but doesn?t work with FLYQ efb which I?ve got a life subscription to. Annoys me that garmin locks out things like this makes me not want to buy their stuff.

My transponder is old and my GPS is a xl300 I fly mainly w the iPad and fly w right now. Any thoughts appreciated.

GNX 375

I just did an install on a friends RV6 and he loves it. It is very easy to use.

Since you already have the 300XL, it fits in the same hole in you panel, but will go deeper than the 300XL. Since you have FlyQ, try FltPlan Go, as it is free and does work well with the 375 since Garmin owns it. The 375 has a Bluetooth adapter built in as does 175, 355, and all connect with FltPlan Go.

Good luck on your upgrade.

Brian

Last edited:
Fly plan GO is an app like fly q or garmin pilot? I’ll look it up as well but figured I’d ask.

I thought it was just a planning tool

Wow checked it out you’d think it would cannibalizes the garmin pilot app.

Also the 650 and 750 just came out w XI versions anyone heard anything about the 375 coming in XI?

Last edited:
Garmin 175

I just finished the install of a Garmin GPS 175. Although the screen is small, it functions well, and is probably the best bang for the buck among GPS navigators. Note that mine is installed in a RV8 where panel real estate is at a premium.

I just finished phase 1 with 40 hours using the 375. Works great and I have no regrets. I use ForeFlight and it connects to the 375 via Bluetooth. Nice for sending flight plans back and forth

yep, very happy 😃
Impressive device, mine?s linked to my dual G5 panel and was the perfect option.

Thanks for the input guys. Really helpful. What are you guys doing about non precision approaches ? I was going to keep my 300xl for com and non precision approaches. Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. Really helpful. What are you guys doing about non precision approaches ? I was going to keep my 300xl for com and non precision approaches. Thanks

The 375 can do non-precision GPS approaches, just like the 300. (I do see Garmin advertising tends to emphasize LPV). Whether you keep the 300 as a nav backup, or com, is up to you.

Back