What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Installation kits for RV8

AaronG

Well Known Member
I just upgraded my RV10 to Garmin, and am trying to move my Trutrak Digiflight II VSGV to my RV8. I couldn?t find installation kits anywhere, and when I called Trutrak they wanted to charge me $600 for $20 worth of sheet metal and rod end bearings.

So questions. Does anyone have a kit available that they would be willing to sell at a reasonable price?

Another question. Has anyone used the Garmin install kits with Trutrak? It looks like the pitch kit is exactly the same, but the roll kit is in the wing for Garmin, versus under the floor for Trutrak. At 25% of the cost for the Garmin kits, that could be another option for me.

You might want to try Dynon or GRT. Their servos will fit in the Tru Trak mounting brackets and I would assume that tru Trak servos would fit in theirs, but you should confirm. You could also check with Stein. He deals with all the avionics manufactures.

One would think that they would want to sell the brackets at a reasonable price. Builders may want to install them early and then they would have an autopilot sale in the future.

RV8 Center section roll bracket

I think Tru Track got tired of builders buying the install brackets without buying the servos. So they jacked up the price to stop this from happening.

I ran into the same situation several years ago, so I decided to manufacture my own. This diagram was (is) on the website. Was not difficult to duplicate, and I did not build my RV8.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2151/0625/files/RV-8RollInstall_29.pdf?2866861252192108417

Pitch Servo Install?

Hey, that is great. I am presently installing a TruTrak system in my RV8 also. Your diagrams will make that very easy for the Roll Servo.

DO you have the same diagram for the Pitch servo by chance also?

Thanks.

Is it Tru Trak or Benix? I bought Tru Trak brackets from them maybe 3 years ago for something like $28.

Yes. Trutrack was purchased by Bendix King. So now you are dealing with Bendix King. Welcome to King Air type pricing.

Back