What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Memphis

clam

Well Known Member
Just home from the paint shop. Thanks to Mark King and his crew at GLO for her new dress. Walt at EXP then knocked out a new W&B and dialed in the 200RV prop with a dynamic balance. The flight back home was second only to my first flight! Also, a big shout out to Karl Richcreek (RV-8) for blazing the trail on this scheme. I added some personal touches to keep my Navy flying days close to heart. First flight was late Sept 2018 and still lovin' every minute of it!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1zhDfmjXXkmiWKU98

Last edited by a moderator:
No joy

Jeff, Google spits back a 404 error on all eight links to your photos. I think you need to check the links.

Charlie

Jeff, You have an awesome looking aircraft. I like the tailhook touch on the tailwheel arm. You will have lots of people taking a closer look when you travel. Frank

Couldn't get the photos to work, but congratulation on your new paint job. I'd love to see it.
There are three FedEx RVers down at Holly Springs Airport, 2 of us are Marines and the other a Navy guy. Come on down and see us some time.

Chuck,
I?ll come see you guys! Would love it.
Sounds like the link in post #3 is working.

We come to the Memphis area frequently to visit kids and grandchildren with our 9. Would love to meet up with other RV?ers.

Go Navy!

She looks great Jeff. Glad I could help.
Just in time for Veterans Day too.
Go Navy!

Jeff,

I like the paint! Can you share what the darker blue is? Manufacturer and color nomenclature?

Did you do a tour of duty in Japan? On a ship at Yokosuka?

Blue skies, from a fellow Navy guy!

Back