What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone get Aera 5xx audio into PMA8000?

ccrawford

Well Known Member
Evening,

I have an Aera 560 which is mounted in my panel, and I've got the bare wire harness to provide power to the unit as well as grab the GPS signal from it. Those both seem to work well.

Now I'm trying to get the audio into my PMA8000, but no matter what I try I can't get the darn thing to hard wire in. Using a mini jack to plug into the PMA works fine.

Has anyone successfully hard wired an Aera to a PMA8000?
If so, can you share how you wired the bare wire audio outputs to the PMA8000?

Thanks!

Evening,

I have an Aera 560 which is mounted in my panel, and I've got the bare wire harness to provide power to the unit as well as grab the GPS signal from it. Those both seem to work well.

Now I'm trying to get the audio into my PMA8000, but no matter what I try I can't get the darn thing to hard wire in. Using a mini jack to plug into the PMA works fine.

Has anyone successfully hard wired an Aera to a PMA8000?
If so, can you share how you wired the bare wire audio outputs to the PMA8000?

Thanks!

Hello Corey,

You probably already looked in the Aera 560 manual and found this, but just in case, here are the wire colors for the audio connections to the Aera 560 bare wire cable:

Green: Audio Common
Brown: Audio Left
White: Audio Right

I don't know anything about a PMA8000, but if I were to guess, I would use connector J2 and the following connections:
Aera Green wire to pin 25 (Music 1 Lo)
Aera Brown wire to pin 23 (Music 1 Left)
Aera White wire to Pin 24 (Music 1 Right)

Steve

Last edited:
Aera to PMA

I wired my PMA5000 (same pinouts that Steve mentioned) and aera works great.
I'm sure you've checked, but:
volume up?
muted?

Thanks for the gut check Steve, I will double check my wiring to see if that was one of the permutations I tried.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure volume/mute is good - those settings didn't seem to change from using the headphone jack (which did output audio just fine).

Is the signal level of this audio location safe to use with the audio panel?

Back on the older GPSMAP 496 series, the audio level from the bare wire cable was TOO HOT (was told it could cause damage) to input into an audio panel. You had to use the 1/8" stereo audio jack.

I have the bare wires conection per the manuel mentioned above connected to the entertainment #1 input on the PS 5000 and works fine.

Back