What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Financing RVs

Abbygirl1

Well Known Member
I really don't know if this is the right heading to inquire about this, but being a newbie, I'll risk it. I just sold my Mooney (thank goodness) and am searching for the right IFR equipped 6. Does anyone have suggestions as to financing an experimental?

My advice is to try your bank first. Mine has financed my airplanes for 20 years or more and very recently financed an Air Tractor I bought for 7 years at a fixed 5% to boot! They have my -10 as well.

Best,

ps they can call me and I'll direct them to my bank if they need some advice.

Welcome to VAF!

Jimmy, welcome to VAF:)

I did a home equity line of credit to get my plane-----you might take a look at that.

Good to have you aboard.

I really don't know if this is the right heading to inquire about this, but being a newbie, I'll risk it. I just sold my Mooney (thank goodness) and am searching for the right IFR equipped 6. Does anyone have suggestions as to financing an experimental?

First Pyrority is great to work with. They will also do construction loans too. Ask for Bob or April.

You guys are just as amazing as my friend (RV-6 owner/builder X 2) said you would be. Many thanks for the replies. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions as this process goes forward. I have over 1000 hrs total, most in 2 Mooneys, also IFR rated, so help me find a good one guys..... :)

+1 for Pryority, they are great to work with. I think their rates are a little high, but if you can't beat the rate or customer service, they would be the one I would recommend.

NAFCO is also a good place to check out. Joy handles most Van's loans.

The RV rate for purchase or complete kit including engine and avionics is lower that buying a 172.

Bob

Just talked to April at Pryority.......sweet girl, AND knowledgeable. Good combination. Rates are between 7 & 8.

I recieved rate info about a month ago from NAFCO. The rates could have gone up since, however, the kit stage prior to engine and avionics was (I believe) aoubt 7% for the airframe kit. Once you get hte engine and avionics its was 6.5%

Bob

Back