What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Lemke Interior Comes to Life

Av8safe

Well Known Member
It seems like ages ago that I began the process to design a new interior for my new-to-me RV7 that I acquired in February. I selected Lemke in Germany to supply the interior and spent quite some time working with Robert to help me with the design specifications. Next came the wait in the production que before I could see the transformation from artist rendering to the actual product.

Well, today was the day that I got my first look at the interior...all I can say is WOW! It should look fantastic once installed... I will follow-up with that RV grin photo when the job is complete and I have flown some long legs to test out the comfort factor. For now...looks = 10/10.

Attachments

• 467F3FEC-FCD8-418E-9A9C-7991E1C55233.jpg
    467F3FEC-FCD8-418E-9A9C-7991E1C55233.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 570
  • 96CC643A-7D38-4A7F-AAC3-A6558277ACE8.jpg
    96CC643A-7D38-4A7F-AAC3-A6558277ACE8.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 482
Mitch
Interior looks great. Do you have a paint scheme that you are matching it to?

I had my seats made at Flightline Interiors and they did a great job, and was always interested in getting side panels to complete the look. I am not far from you in a Chicago suburb so the winters get cold so I'm curious if your side panels have any kind of insulation or sound proofing.

Ken

Interior is matched to original paint by Glo

Ken,

The aircraft has a beautiful paint job by Glo that I matched the red and blue to as closely as I could from the Lemke stock of BMW leather and Mercedes-Benz carpet. I will let you know how much insulation is on the side panels when I get them. We can certainly get together sometime so you can have a close look.

Attachments

• B2B7804E-8F88-4ACE-94CF-3B955FBBD63D.jpg
    B2B7804E-8F88-4ACE-94CF-3B955FBBD63D.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
What's their current lead time between design finishing and production starting?

I was just quoted 33-35 weeks, presumably from order to shipment. I think the actual manufacturing doesn't take nearly that long; there's just a big backlog.

I was just quoted 33-35 weeks, presumably from order to shipment. I think the actual manufacturing doesn't take nearly that long; there's just a big backlog.

That is about what my lead time was...the fabrication for my interior took just under a week.

Another data point

Ordered Jan 2 - received ~mid Sept.

Robert was great to work with and did outstanding work!

Attachments

• SAM_5623.jpg
    SAM_5623.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 370
Hope you guys are mentioning my name for the Dmat discount.:D

Rob is amazing and his work is top notch!

D

Back