What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next move of RV-1?

fixnflyguy

Well Known Member
Now that the RV-1 has been in Columbia this week, Im curious what the schedule is for the move into NC? Im hoping to see it next weekend at the formation clinic at KVUJ but would like to know when its coming up, or if any other "local" NC RVers will be hosting it.I am based at 8A7 (Twin Lakes) with a few other RV's and dont want to miss a chance to see history in the area.

KVUJ next weekend

Now that the RV-1 has been in Columbia this week, Im curious what the schedule is for the move into NC? Im hoping to see it next weekend at the formation clinic at KVUJ but would like to know when its coming up, or if any other "local" NC RVers will be hosting it.I am based at 8A7 (Twin Lakes) with a few other RV's and dont want to miss a chance to see history in the area.

You are correct in that it is planned to be at the Formation Clinic in NC. KVUJ - Stanly County. Should arrive Saturday afternoon and be there most of Sunday.

It will be handed off to next set of pilots in VA later that week. Discussions underway about a quick stop in NE Nort Carolina enroute to Virginia.

Best bet would be late Saturday or early Sunday at KVUJ.

We took some time to do a little maintenance while in Columbia. That is being finished up today. Oil change and a couple of other things including a suggestion from Van. :) It has quite a tour ahead of it in the next couple of months.

James
"CB"

See you next weekend!

Thanks for the info CB, I hope to be there when it arrives in next Saturday,as Im only a 15 minute flight away from Stanly. See you in NC.

jclark, thanks for the update. I was planning to fly to KVUJ Friday afternoon to see the RV-1, but will now wait until Saturday afternoon, or Sunday AM.

Do you know who will be piloting the RV-1 from NC to VA? Will there be someone around to talk about the RV-1 at KVUJ, or is it more of a self guided look-see?

There was some talk about the RV-1 landing at Eagles Landing (just south west) of Pittsboro, NC for a quick photo shoot along side a Ray Stits Skycoup SA-7 that is undergoing restoration/build there. After the photo shoot, the RV-1 was to continue on to VA.

RV-1 in NC !

According to "Spot Live" the RV-1 just landed at Stanly Co NC. Hope to go see it tomorrow morning, as weather looks best early.

Yep, RV-1 is in NC. We thoroughly enjoyed having the RV-1 here at KCUB for the past several days. What a privilege! My 84 year old father in law arrived in Columbia today and we went to the airport to hang out with plane people for a while. I got a chance to introduce him to RV-1 and it's pilot for the southeastern leg of the tour, James Clark. James departed KCUB minutes after we spoke, so we made it just in time to see RV-1 and watch it take off. Thanks to Friends Of The RV-1! It is much appreciated!

RV-1 Sighting?

Did I see the RV-1 return back to Houston Saturday 4/21 @ 10:00am flying over Memorial Park along I-10?

Just thought I saw what looked like the RV-1 when I finished my 6 mile run at the park...

Victor
:)

No the RV-1 is in North Carolina. Held hostage at NC25.
There was a recent sighting there about 1 minute ago.

RV-1 in NC @ Stanly Co.

Had the privelage of parking my -4 next to the RV-1 at Stanly Co airport in NC on Saturday during the Team RV formation clinic. At one point I counted 30 RV's on the ramp, and the Team RV guys were awsome to watch working with the formation training. I was fortunate enough to fly with Tad "Stripes" Sargent for a training mission...was fantastic. James "Chatterbox" Clark had the -1 opened up for viewing, and many pictures where taken. My thanks to all whom made this stop in NC possible, as well as the preservation of the RV-1.

RV-1 For Sale

For those interested in Van's RV-1, I have the only other RV-1 ever built besides Van's original aircraft which is on tour across the U.S. I will soon post an ad for the sale of my fully restored RV-1 here on "VAF".

Malcolm Steck

[email protected]

For those interested in Van's RV-1, I have the only other RV-1 ever built besides Van's original aircraft which is on tour across the U.S. I will soon post an ad for the sale of my fully restored RV-1 here on "VAF".

Malcolm Steck

[email protected]

I gotta say after flying the original RV-1, owning the other one is a pretty attractive deal for the budget buyer. If it flies like N5827N, it would be a fun bird for a much lower price than any other RV. And, it is MUCH prettier than the original, if pictures tell a true story.

Malcolm, I hope you or a future owner will ensure that your RV-1 makes it to at least one of the West Coast stops. I want to see a picture of the only two RV-1s next to each other!

Back