What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dimensions for 14 fuesalge

rls14

I would like to build my slow build fuesalge in my basement but I need the dimensions in order to it get out. Can someone measure the length x width x hight without the canopy. I need to fit it up a stairwell that measures 40 inches wide
Thanks Ron

I had a measuring tape handy to check this for you. From the firewall to the aftmost bulkhead is 182". From the bottom of the fuselage to the top of the roll bar/window is 43". The width is 45", not including the attach strips for the wing root fairings. (Everyone forgets those strips. They only add maybe 2" to the width, but that was enough to nearly foil my plan to get the airplane out the French doors of my basement.)

width x height 14A

The total width of the fuse assembly including the spar carry through both sides is right at 56.5", I'd call it 57" for at least 1/4 clearance on both ends of the carry-through.

The height from the top of canopy roll bar to bottom of fuse is more of an eye-ball-close is 47".

Forgot the spar carry through. Definitely won’t fit through a 40” stairwell if you have the roll bar on. But it might fit if you rotate the fuselage on its side and carry it up before attaching the tailcone.

Back