What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blowing the dust off an old kit.

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
I'm resurrecting a 2007 -8 kit. 8-1651. Originally purchased by Kent Scherm in Ontario Canada. Kent, you still out there? I purchased it from him in 2014. I blew up the original HS trying to do the SB Mod, so I'm rejoining the kit with a fresh HS kit. Good to practice again. I'm a bit caught between the original Rev 1 plans from 2007, an HS kit purchased in 2014 and the modern world. I have the firestick with all the newest plans on the way.

Any other developments I need to get caught up on to bring this baby to life? Once the HS is completed (again) I'm moving on to wings at about the QB stage, though I need to finish the tanks with the rear baffle. After that is the Fuse kit Kent also got to about the QB stage.

Nice to be back.

Welcome back

Clay,
I do not have any specific knowledge of the older gen prints and instructions but I AM a member of the 2 HS club due to the service bulletin! I just wanted to welcome you back to the fold, VAF is here, ready to welcome all builders back from their break. We all take breaks from time to time, the important thing is that you are building again!! Reacquaint yourself with those slightly rusty skills, Ease back into it, Do a little bit each day and build your dream plane.

There is a SB on the wing rear spar, where the aileron push rod goes through the spar. It would be easy to comply with this mod if you have access to the inside of the wing.

Thanks. I'm still catching up. I'll look for this. One advantage of getting a project from Canada, besides that Kent did a great job, is that Transport Canada (equivalent to FAA) requires all spaces be inspected before being closed permanently. So, there is no guesswork on the workmanship on a project because you can see everything. So, thanks again Kent and Canada.

Back