What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KMBY Moberly?Fantastic AirVenture Fuel Stop

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Hey Texans flying north for Oshkosh, SERIOUSLY consider using KMBY as your fuel tip-off point. 100LL was just over $4, and the pulled pork sandwiches are among the best I?ve had. Ever. :cool:

Departing manana....

Scroll,

I will be in your wash as I?m pushing out of Hicks between 0600 and 0700 tomorrow.

Have used Moberly before; they treat us well but I like using these trips north to see something new. Tomorrow?s fuel stop for me is Washington, IA (KAWG). Avgas <$4/gallon and good reviews on FF.

May have to wait for the ceiling/viz to go up to get on the VFR arrival, but hopefully will make it in OK and wander down your way after TCB on the RV. Text me your row in HBC and I will look you up or see you at the OnSpeed booth!

Cheers,

Aggie

My trip plan has me going:

KRQO - K81. (1+30). Breakfast at ?We Be Smoken? / Refuel.
K81 - KEFT. (2+10). Refuel and Check OSH ATIS.
KEFT - GARTT - DREAR - RIPON - KOSH (0+30).

This allows an easy trip with breakfast and two ?necessary stops.? It gets me to RIPON with almost full tanks and keeps me clear of Madison Class C per NOTAM. Bonus is highest fuel price is $4.24 (Monroe County).

Back