What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEW thermal battery box for EarthX ETX680C

EarthX Lithium

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hello all,

At this point in the season we would have attended many different trade shows and would have had to opportunity to say hi in person and showcase what is new but alas......2020 will be an adjustment for just about everything.
Instead of holding back new items to debut at Oshkosh so you are the first to hear, based on popular demand, we now have the thermal battery box, with the mirror finish, steel exterior, and insulated for fire wall forward installations to reduce radiant and convection heat for the ETX680C!

As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we are happy to assist.
H
Part#: BB-TBC Cost is $115 https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/bb-tbc-thermal-battery-box-c-case

Does it warm the battery in winter?

The battery box is not a heater, its design is to protect it from heat. All batteries have a temperature rating (low and high) and a typical lead acid battery, if over 113 deg F, you will shorten its life. The EarthX batteries are rated for 140 deg F, over this you will shorten its life. The battery box is designed to protect the battery if the temperatures rise above the 140 deg F mark.

Do the mounting holes match the Vans PC680 box?

No, this battery box is designed for the ETX680C, which is a different physical size then the Odyssey PC680. We do have a different thermal battery box for the replacement of the PC680 size which is here: https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/thermal-battery-box-etx680-900-900-vnt-1200

As far as matching up the mounting holes, it depends on which Vans aircraft you have, and what battery box they used. It can also be different if it has been modified. You can always easily drill the mounting holes if needed in the flange area.

My bad....

I was looking for the E case box for a -680 or -900, and missed the 680C-specific comment that started this off. Risking drift, the question I was trying to ask was about 680/900/1200 insulated case, which has predrilled holes in it, do those holes match to the vans supplied steel pc680 box, which also has six potential holes, of which the 7 & 9 use three of those holes. How about that for a run-on sentence?

I?m trying to remove the excuses to make a move vs replace the PC680/clone. :)

Do the holes in the insulated boxes line up with the holes in the non-insulated aluminum ones? I'm guessing the answer is no, but on the off chance they do...

Back