What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BNP Paribas Tourney

rph142

Well Known Member
I haven't posted a trip report here in a while so I figured it was time after my recent day trip to the BNP Paribas tennis tournament. My plan was to fly from KCCR to KUDD, watch a few hours of pro tennis, then fly back before sunset.

I called into my FBO the night before and gave them instructions to ready my whip for an early AM departure. They had the toy box opened for business before I arrived.
eq1oqf.jpg

Climbing through dead calm air over Concord minutes before twilight.
szc0uu.jpg

Sunrise from behind the high Sierra while cruising down the Central Valley is always spectacular.
1549kaq.jpg

There wasn't a cloud below me until I reached the southern tip of the Central Valley. I flew VFR on top over a dense but broken layer for roughly 50 miles.
2f0furq.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't get better than this...
qwytmp.jpg

After nearly 2 hours in the air I found myself passing the northern edge of the LA basin.
im6zhz.jpg

After landing at Bermuda Dunes airport my friend picked me up and drove us to the BNP tourney. He was able to scope out the smaller stadiums for the best seats during the first few days of his stay. This is world #18 Alexander Zverev serving 135mph bombs.
2rfdbtv.jpg

We were able to see world #2 Novak Djokovic warm up on the practice courts for his night match.
iw3qeh.jpg

After a full day of tennis it was time to head home. OAT during departure was 96F! I spent a lot of time tuning my baffles after upgrading to P-mags and I knew this would be the ultimate test. During a long steady climb to 8k my CHT's never exceeded 360F!
2zp448w.jpg

Exiting the Palm Springs valley.
169gjdx.jpg

Roughly 2.5 hours later I was descending into the Bay Area.
qqer7d.jpg

And look at what arrived while I was away!
24cdxf4.jpg

And one last pic of my machine before I put it away until next time.
33dz8ux.jpg

Nice trip Rob

We miss you and your dad here on the east coast! However your weather is beating our right now.

Hey Mark,
I'll tell my dad you said hi. He needs to swing by when the weather clears up.

The pics are oriented correctly on my phone, but they don't seem to be oriented correctly on my PC.

Back