What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Norcal Prop Balance

rph142

Well Known Member
Are there any prop balancers out there within 200 miles of the bay area? I had my prop re-pitched and it could use a re-balance.

Thanks,
Rob

Are there any prop balancers out there within 200 miles of the bay area? I had my prop re-pitched and it could use a re-balance.

Thanks,
Rob

Kregg Victory at Reid Hillview Airport. Great to work with. Sometimes a little hard to get in touch with. Easiest to go to his shop during working hours. He will usually return phone calls.

here's the info from his website:

2502 John Montgomery Ave.
San Jose , CA 95148
Phone: 408-729-7635
Fax: 4408-836-5122
E-Mail: [email protected]

Norcal aero services out of Watsonville claims to do dual sensor dynamic prop balancing.
He would travel to your area if there was 3 or more people that would commit to it. I have not been able to get schedules and people together in my area to get that lined up.

Lee Apaka out of Rio Vista will do balancing (single sensor, I believe). I've not been able to make my schedule work to get it done either. Soon, hopefully.

I've got the equipment at my place if you fancy a flight over the hills Rob. Gotta use it once in awhile to justify having it.....

I've got the equipment at my place if you fancy a flight over the hills Rob. Gotta use it once in awhile to justify having it.....
Paul,
I 'll gladly fly over the hills for it, if for nothing else just to meet you in person. There are a few contributors on these site that I would love to meet in person. You and DanH are certainly on my high list as I enjoy reading your contributions.
Perhaps one day, I fly to meet Dan.

Paul,
I 'll gladly fly over the hills for it, if for nothing else just to meet you in person. There are a few contributors on these site that I would love to meet in person. You and DanH are certainly on my high list as I enjoy reading your contributions.
Perhaps one day, I fly to meet Dan.

Just drop me a PM sometime and we can work out a day to do it. I'm actually pretty well swamped until mid February though.

Thanks for the tips guys. I was able to get in touch with Jeremy Macdonald in Wattsonville. I'll be flying down tomorrow morning if the weather holds.

Kitplanes article topic?

Paul,

Would love to see a Kitplanes article evaluating the prop balancing systems that are suitable for the owner/operator for personal use and help out fellow homebuilders.

Cheers, David
RV-6A KBTF

Back