What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Assist appreciated

Badkarma

I'm New Here
12 or 12is Indy area

New member but have been creeeping and reading here over the years. I am in the Indianapolis area and have come down to the final steps of my decision process. What I was wondering is if there were any 12 or 12is close that I could simply look at and sit in. I have been working with Eric and I would like to insure my 6’1” 200 LB frame is “comfy” in the cockpit before I buy the SLSA. I am aware of larger guys loving it but it would go along way to sit in one. I have been flying the American legend cub for he past few years so I’m used to tight fits. Thx and cheers.

Chris

Last edited:
There is a supplemental cushion under each seat that some folks remove to allow extra head room. FYI...

Also, if you're tall, you will want to cinch shoulder straps pretty tight when flying in turbulence. I've banged my noggin against the canopy a couple of times...

I’m 6’1” and 200 and fit fine. I’ve had bigger guys with me and we both fit fine.

Bill
N969RV

I know that there's an RV-12 at FWA but that's a ways from you. Surely there are some in the Indy area. But, if interested, I can probably put you in touch.

Back