What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a pic of your FINISHED RV-8/8A!!!

Happy to report that RV-8 G-MIRV made it's first flight July 1. My build-partner Steve did the honours. Two flights in the bag, first one was 30 mins, and following a good post-flight inspection and refuel, the second one was two hours of running in.

I've really enjoyed building another RV, but the best part has been making a new mate in Steve. I know some people fret about co-building an aircraft with someone else, but when you find a great personality match, it just enhances the pleasure of the build process.

EDH8471.jpg

EDH8486.jpg

EDH8521.jpg

EDH8526.jpg

EDH8538.jpg

Congratulations Ed/Steve, it looks absolutely beautiful.

Something for myself to aspire to.

Basically finished - HB-YMM

I'm happy to show you some pictures taken today of my basically finished RV-8. Not all the inspection panels are installed, since I need a final inspection before I can start putting fuel in, and starting the engine. Quite happy with the result!

img_8839-1024x768.jpg

img_8848-1024x768.jpg

hey Mickey, well done!
:cool: airplane, :cool: paint design, :cool: airport (LSGY?). All the best for the flights, I'm not too far if ya need help :)

long time coming

Well after 8 years and 8 months, my RV8 Flew on 7 Nov 2019 with no snags and beautiful control!!
IMG-3608.jpg

van's rv8

Hi, let me introduce myself- I am Jarek Teresiński from Poland.
Core and wings of the plane I ordered on November 2016. On May 2017 my first package arrived with KIT to build. On July I had stared building plane under the watchful eye of master aircraft mechanic- Henryk Wicki, who built few Vans RV 6,7,8,10, 14. He also renovate and build replics of historic planes with his crew. They are amazing people and experienced mechanics. So it was amazing time of learning and working with Vans and other planes.
The build of the Vans ended on May 2019. Next the test?s flights and all formal procedures were taken. And on January 2020 the plane was finally ready to fly. Due to weather first two session of flights with the experienced pilot were on the March 15th. Eleven days later when weather was better I started my independent flights. The first 30 minutes I spend on the ground just having fun with the plane (for example doing circles and low taking off and landing along the runway). Next I made my first independent flight (**** yeah) and also the flight to the aircraft zone and my first independent landing. Landing on three points escpecially without passenger is not the easiest one. I also have only a little experience with the back wheel. When weather conditions are good I try to fly as much as I can. Also I have my first attemps with the acrobatics and the landing with the side wind. Since beginning I am trying to land on three points. I already have 4h 53min of independent fly and 55 min of training with the experienced pilot. I enjoy a lot flying and working. Amazing plane with the engine Lycoming 200 hp and MTV- Propeller 3 blades. Thanks to you and all you Vans crew.
Best regards from Poland,
Jarek
IMG-5716-1536x1152.jpg

IMG-5717-1536x1152.jpg

IMG-3809.png

IMG-3807.png

IMG-3873-1536x1152.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, let me introduce myself- I am Jarek Teresiński from Poland...

Jarek

Congrats Jarek and welcome to VAF! Quite an impressive feat! Keep up the flying and enjoy your new bird! I hope to be where you are soon!

18 yr build? 6 years ago I would have sniggered at that. In 2014 I bought a -4 project that was “almost done”. I have been working every weekend on it since. Now I get it. Nobody can really understand until they do it. Congratulations on a great built. Hope she flies as great as she looks.

The plane looks very nice and I'm sure it'll fly that way! Congratulations from another "super slow builder"!

Painted, but not quite "finished". Flying unpainted was hard on the eyes on sunny days. SL30 radio won't change freq and I have to send it in for repair ($$). It will be a few more days before I can get some in-flight pics. It was a long 6 weeks without being able to fly!

Attachments

• Rv8.JPG
    Rv8.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 585
one more, Germany

Hi Folks!

Two weeks ago, on the 11th July 2020, my almost 11 year project became a real aircraft!

Here is the link on the Mothership’s Homepage for pictures.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/first-flights/peter-lukasczyks-new-rv-8/

First flight / Maiden flight was uneventfull and all numbers as expected.
Slight heavy left wing but i am already on it.
When i know that the airframe flies straight, i will add the gear and wheel fairings.

Looking forward for flying adventures!

Mit Fliegergruss

Peter

Last edited:
Hallo Peter,
herzlichen Glückwunsch zum erfolgreichen Erstflug.. Ist schon die zweite Vans dieses Jahr in Deutschland..

Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Yves

For the english readers:
Congrats for the successful first flight.. ALready the second first flight in Germany this year..

Cheers from Siwtzerland
Yves

On Tuesday I could finally lift off for the first time :) I still have the RV-Grin :D Thus I thought I post some pictures of my RV-8

Attachments

• 7F33F836-ABB4-402A-9C87-ED1AECB59257.jpg
    7F33F836-ABB4-402A-9C87-ED1AECB59257.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 845
  • 768dd89c-1826-438b-a432-a7853c6f9d69.JPG
    768dd89c-1826-438b-a432-a7853c6f9d69.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 685
  • IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 729
  • IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 693
at the risk of repeating myself, I sure love the colours and that paint scheme Yves, well done!
...but please install those wheel pants :D

at the risk of repeating myself, I sure love the colours and that paint scheme Yves, well done!
...but please install those wheel pants :D

Thank you Dan but I will keep them off at least for the next few flights until my engine is broken in.

On Tuesday I could finally lift off for the first time :) I still have the RV-Grin :D Thus I thought I post some pictures of my RV-8

Gee that's sweet:) the 8 (proper version of course) is the best Vans Design of them all, but I'm biased:D

First Flight

First Flight

ACtC-3enQO-LPLh7SKyE_7ZwrC7eZNTV2Vk3SFXe_1g2FEp91EjP3QbcoJRTFmBGXTtbF5O8EgkEWeKxmrOjDRFmtM1bxKbX6zJeari-c1QGg6t1g2IMI6fKZjnnc46i8P_Q7Pr6mB52EUDiWw2rKRHay1VO=w915-h686

Flawless first flight. Did 5 hours of training in make and model outside Chicago prior and a 4 hour first flight briefing with an EAA flight counselor prior to flight.

Once on the ground, I was informed to call the KSYR tower. Where the supervisor and controls congratulated me on N498RV’s first flight..

It was a good day.

Last edited:
oh, the dreaded, please call the tower directive. I once had that when I was 16 years old and landed on a taxi way at Wichita Mid-Continent airport. I haven't landed on a taxi way since. Good looking aircraft and pilot. Have fun in phase 1.

Nice aircraft!

Hi, let me introduce myself- I am Jarek Teresiński from Poland.
Core and wings of the plane I ordered on November 2016. On May 2017 my first package arrived with KIT to build. On July I had stared building plane under the watchful eye of master aircraft mechanic- Henryk Wicki, who built few Vans RV 6,7,8,10, 14. He also renovate and build replics of historic planes with his crew. They are amazing people and experienced mechanics. So it was amazing time of learning and working with Vans and other planes.
The build of the Vans ended on May 2019. Next the test?s flights and all formal procedures were taken. And on January 2020 the plane was finally ready to fly. Due to weather first two session of flights with the experienced pilot were on the March 15th. Eleven days later when weather was better I started my independent flights. The first 30 minutes I spend on the ground just having fun with the plane (for example doing circles and low taking off and landing along the runway). Next I made my first independent flight (**** yeah) and also the flight to the aircraft zone and my first independent landing. Landing on three points escpecially without passenger is not the easiest one. I also have only a little experience with the back wheel. When weather conditions are good I try to fly as much as I can. Also I have my first attemps with the acrobatics and the landing with the side wind. Since beginning I am trying to land on three points. I already have 4h 53min of independent fly and 55 min of training with the experienced pilot. I enjoy a lot flying and working. Amazing plane with the engine Lycoming 200 hp and MTV- Propeller 3 blades. Thanks to you and all you Vans crew.
Jarek
IMG-5716-1536x1152.jpg

IMG-5717-1536x1152.jpg

IMG-3809.png

IMG-3807.png

IMG-3873-1536x1152.jpg
Dzień dobry Jarek - very nice RV-8. Your panel is super clean - nice design!

Nice!

First Flight

ACtC-3enQO-LPLh7SKyE_7ZwrC7eZNTV2Vk3SFXe_1g2FEp91EjP3QbcoJRTFmBGXTtbF5O8EgkEWeKxmrOjDRFmtM1bxKbX6zJeari-c1QGg6t1g2IMI6fKZjnnc46i8P_Q7Pr6mB52EUDiWw2rKRHay1VO=w915-h686

Flawless first flight. Did 5 hours of training in make and model outside Chicago prior and a 4 hour first flight briefing with an EAA flight counselor prior to flight.

Once on the ground, I was informed to call the KSYR tower. Where the supervisor and controls congratulated me on N498RV’s first flight..

It was a good day.
Al, so close - I guess you were targeting a finish date of 02-02-2020 :D I thought I had the longest RV-8 build, but you got me by a few months.

Did you build a 7/8 scale RV-8, or are you a very tall guy? I guess the latter. :)

First Flight

It was a good day.

Congratulations!

I'm originally from Syracuse and I fly there often. I've always found the Syracuse ATC to be extremely nice. So I'm not surprised that they gave you a "Well Done!"

I hope to see Al's -8 live and up close at a fly-in next year. Even in pictures, it has that meticulous look.

Nice job.

My Second RV-8 Completed

Hi All, a couple of pictures of my recently completed RV-8. Full Garmin complement, New IO-360 M1B, Composite Hartzell prop, single piece Grove Gear.... most of the great mods. Straight and true = fast and fun.

Cheers,
Frank

Attachments

• Panel 1.jpg
    Panel 1.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 868
  • 0805200948 small.jpg
    0805200948 small.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 835
Back