What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston lunch this Saturday?

N546RV

Well Known Member
I'm doing this Jeopardy-style again, phrasing this as a question. Anyone interested in a lunch at Hooks this Saturday? For the moment, weather looks good for flying in.

Under the wire this weekend

Probably not. Under the wire Flyin is this weekend. I know many of my neighbors and Lonestar Squadron will be going so that is likely where I’m headed.

Under the wire fly-in

Just southwest of you all, there's a fly in about 60 nm that will have food trucks and a bunch of cool planes on a grass strip. Some of us from Bulverde are going. The flyer is posted in general info.
Cheers

Alright then, let's make it official: Hooks at 11:30.

I was going to fly up in the Citabria I've been renting out of TME, but it appears they've randomly decided to move it to their Hooks location. Guess I'll be driving like a plebe instead.

I made both! :D

Went to Under the Wire on Friday afternoon and enjoyed some good shrimp etouffee and met some good people. Got up the next morning and took a young CFI I had met there the night before for a demo flight in my 9A and set the hook good and deep on him for building a Vans, then departed about 10:30 for Hooks to meet up with the guys there for lunch where we sat in the back and BS'd about airplanes until after 2pm.

Good weekend...

Definitely good seeing some of the guys again, especially Dave and Bjorn. I'm thinking I may host at my place again in October. I thought a bit about waiting til November but since it'll be the weekend before Thanksgiving, I figure attendance may be low. (for that matter, I might be out of state...haven't talked to the family about plans for this year yet)

Back