VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-16-2019, 04:51 PM

Default Quadrant knob with TO/GA for G3X!

I?m installing a G3X system in my RV-4. I was searching for a solution and placement for my takeoff / go around switch. A lot of builders place the switch somewhere near the throttle quadrant on the panel. I really wanted a switch that was integrated into the throttle knob somehow, similar to what you find on modern jet/turboprop etc. I began scouring the internet for something I could use for that purpose. I stumbled into Paul Swearingen?s website, (3D stick and rudder) he is making replacement knobs in various styles for the side mounted Vans/Baxter quadrants, he had several designs that I liked, he even had knobs with a switch built in. The switches, however were single pole switches and Garmin specifies a double pole switch, using one side for the navigator and one for the gea24 discrete. I contacted him and asked if the switches he was currently using was available in a double pole configuration, unfortunately they were not. We put our heads together, found a suitable switch (Alco) and he went to work designing a new knob. The new knob we collaborated on is now one of his newest products and now available to the masses. It?s modeled after a Boeing 777 knob and has the TO/GA nomenclature inset with a material that glows in the dark! Kudos to Paul and his great customer service, super guy to work with and he has some really fantastic products. I haven?t figured out how to post pictures but you can see the new quadrant knobs ?The Jet Set? at the following link:

https://www.3dstickandrudder.com/shop