What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 14A Finishing Kit Additions/Deductions

77bonanza

I am ready to order the finishing kit for my RV14A and have reviewed a number of threads re finishing kits but did not see anything re additions or deductions.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to additions/deductions. I have ordered the Beringer wheels and know they will be excluded. Thoughts re tinted canopy?

Looking for some good ideas/suggestions.

Thanksl

I ordered the UV resistant canopy and rear window - Van's identifies it as SC-15. When I ordered this for canopy and rear window it was an extra $300 or so total. I live in Florida - the SC-15 blocks 99% of UVa and UVb.

Plan

Here is what I plan to add / delete when I order in a couple months

Eliminate C-607 (Latch, Handle) (I am using a JDair Latch instead)
Eliminate Bag 3210 (AN Fittings) (I am not using the stock brake lines)
Eliminate U-1009 axle (replaced with Matco Axle)
Eliminate NW501.25 Nose Wheel (replaced with Matco NW511.25)
Eliminate AT0-032x1/4x12' (I am not using the stock brake lines)
Add EA EXHST/COWL SHIELD x 5' (for cowl heat shield)
Change C-01401 Canopy to SC-15 variant (adds $247) UV Blocking
Change F-14126 Rear Window to the SC-15 (adds $75) UV Blocking

Not a lot of big changes except the canopy and nose wheel in the finish kit from what I can tell. Now if you start talking about the firewall forward kit then I would need a couple pages to go through all those changes and deletions.

sure

Jon, is it possible for you to also share your changes for the FFW?

Thanks.

I would be happy to share. However, since it is a 9-page document (Van's packing list) with highlighted items I would recommend you send me your email via a PM and we can follow up with a phone call explanation. Mostly because the reasoning behind why things were deleted and added is more important than the list.

Back