What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The $131 Dollar Hamburger

boom3

Well Known Member
Had a fantastic flight to Grand Coulee Dam airport (3W7) today and stumbled upon possibly the biggest hamburger I've ever heard of. "The Big Chief" (Vlad may need to make another West Coast trip :D)

I took the airport car into town to find something to eat and just happened to pick the Tee Pee Drive-In. No I didn't order "The Big Chief" but I was talking to the staff and they said no one has ever finished the meal. Sheesh I wonder why?

Anyway here are several shots of the spectacular scenery along the way and the menu.

Dsc_0090.jpg

Dsc_0094.jpg

Dsc_0103.jpg

Dsc_0109.jpg

Dsc_0106.jpg

Dsc_0105.jpg

Img_1017.jpg

That's great! Nice pics... makes you want to put floats on the RV. And that burger... OMG... that's 6 gallons of 100LL. Gotta love it though.

Thanks!

It was a great weekend weather wise, wasn't it Jeff! If you come back, there's a pretty good camping site as well and you can also take the Grand Coulee dam tour. My daughter and I did that last spring. Well stocked honor-system fridge in the airport building (the trailer) too.

Ya Steve it was just about perfect yesterday in Eastern Wa. The West side started out started out little foggy then burned off but stayed pretty hazy.

I did walk down to that camping area to check it out. I'd really like to camp there one of these days.

Dsc_0107.jpg

Two thoughts

Great pix!

Inflation (no longer the $100 hamburger!) .. In one year; who know?!

.... snip....

No I didn't order "The Big Chief" but I was talking to the staff and they said no one has ever finished the meal. Sheesh I wonder why?

Img_1017.jpg

Wow that's a big one Jeff. I would bring a large box for leftovers. Location noted but it looks like I am stuck east of Mississippi till 2016 :D

Battery Park

Vlad, that's a superb pic of Battery Park & Wall Street .. Keep 'em coming!

Great shot!

Beautiful picture, Vlad. How did you get them to let you fly there? Sure looks like you are above 1,500' and under 7,000'. Higher up with a telephoto lens, maybe? Or a VAF member in NY Approach control?
Someday before I croak I still want to fly up the Hudson VFR "tunnel", haven't gotten to do it yet.

Vlad, that's a superb pic of Battery Park & Wall Street .. Keep 'em coming!

Beautiful picture, Vlad. How did you get them to let you fly there? Sure looks like you are above 1,500' and under 7,000'. Higher up with a telephoto lens, maybe? Or a VAF member in NY Approach control?
Someday before I croak I still want to fly up the Hudson VFR "tunnel", haven't gotten to do it yet.

Thanks. It's just a dip of a wing from 8,500 feet. The same old camera with kit lens :)

Back