What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mo's Ottawa River Fly-In Cancelled (for this year)

Canadian_JOY

Well Known Member
This just arrived in my in-box. I'm very disappointed to hear this news as Mo's has traditionally been a fantastic opportunity for brave aviation souls to gather and share terrific camaraderie, not to mention some darned good chili, around the warmth of the fire. It is my sincere hope this is merely a one-time cancellation - my best wishes go out to Mo for a speedy return to full health.

======================
Mo's 28th Fly-in cancelled

By Patrick Gilligan, COPA
Maurice Prud'Homme has been organizing his ice fly-in on the Ottawa River since 1989, at that time my daughter was 5 years old and I was rebuilding turbine engines at Rolls Royce Canada.

Mo has never missed a beat every year doing his annual runs for sponsors, picking up banners, inviting celebrities to attend, printing and distributing his posters, scheduling volunteers and snow plowing, also cooking and serving enormous batches of his famous Chilli to hundreds of fly-in pilots (Maurice was master Chef at the Parliamentary dining room). Unfortunately his famous fly-in is cancelled this year because he will be undergoing heart surgery and will be required to rest for a month or so.

Our thoughts are wishing Maurice "Mo" a speedy recovery, COPA National.
======================

Back