- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2019, 10:15 AM

Default New Logo

I'm not any more of a fan of change as the next guy, but I also am probably not the only one who's seen a Vans logo in the wild and thought they had stumbled across another Van's builder/fan. I received a very puzzled response from the one person I commented to. It was then that I realized how similar the Van's (aircraft) logo was to the VANS (clothing) logo. I still have to remember not to open my mouth and embarrass myself.

I don't care for the long scrolling content pages, especially those that keep adding content as you scroll. It doesn't make the bottom menu very accessible. At least the content on the Van's page is fixed, so it's not too bad for scrolling.

Overall, the fresh look is welcome and once I figure out where everything is it will be great.
RV-9A #91081, C-GCPT
Dynon SkyView HDX, IO-320 and WW 200RV C/S. Flying as of August 6, 2018

Interactive map of all of my flights here
Old 02-03-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillL View Post
Another item for the request list. Technical data and dimension drawings for accessories.

Many items in the accessories catalog have fuzzy pictures and no technical information or data sheets for installation. I am researching information on the Aeroleds Suntail nav/strobe. Vans is listed and referenced as an OEM for that product. Spruce and others now have links to reference docs for such merchandise to assist potential customers with selection.

Thanks.
That's great feedback - thanks! The web store is the focus of phase two of this project, which is underway. The online store in place today is the same one as before the web site update, re-skinned with a few additional tweaks. So, some of the images are a little fuzzy, etc. and there are other less-thank ideal details. Sometime around mid-year or so we plan to launch a whole replacement web store, which will run on a completely new platform. So now is a great time to hear ideas and wishes.

The best way for us to gather those is through a more formal process we are just starting where we discuss with interested people the things they wants and need. And that includes both people who work at Van's and of course customers and others who use the web store.

So -- If anyone is interested in spending some time with us in a survey/discussion sort of process, helping us understand what you'd like to see in a future web store, you can sign up to participate via the signup box that's located on the home page, or just click here. If you're already signed up for emails but want to add yourself to the survey list, you can adjust your registration choices by clicking the link in any of the notification emails you've received from us after you signed up.

If you have problems with any of that, drop me an email at media@vansaircraft.com and I'll be glad to try to help.

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014 (N88VX reserved)
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XP IO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Aurora, OR (EAA Chapter 105)

Old 02-03-2019, 12:28 PM

I really like the new site and even the new branding! I was never a real big fan of the old logo, simply because it was eerily similar to the Vans shoes line. But I did appreciate its history.

However, I really like the new logo. My only gripe is that....I'm gonna need a new sticker to go on my toolbox now! I don't want to wait until I order my fuselage to get that new sticker :-)
Wing Kit Started - June 2017
My Build Log: http://www.theskunkwerx.com

VAF Donation paid for 2017
Old 02-03-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Canuck View Post
It was then that I realized how similar the Van's (aircraft) logo was to the VANS (clothing) logo. I still have to remember not to open my mouth and embarrass myself.
Yes, Van?s aircraft and Van?s clothing logos were very much alike including the line extending from V to the rest of the text on top. Don?t know who did that first. Changing the logo on that matter is a great move!
Old 02-03-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubedRoot View Post
I'm gonna need a new sticker to go on my toolbox now! I don't want to wait until I order my fuselage to get that new sticker :-)
I can probably help ya with that.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Default new logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
.... It communicates no association with RVs or even aviation in general. ...
Hi Ken, I guess logos in general are a bit of a Rorschach test - I see a spinning prop.

Last edited by rv8ch : 02-03-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Here's the black version. It has letters, too. And we have monochrome and reverse background versions, stacked or horizontal versions, etc.

FYI, if anyone decided they want to do vinyl graphics, or if you want to repro it somewhere, ping me and I can help. Our logo use guidelines doc for people who are interested is on our web site, take a look in at the bottom of any page for the Media link and that's where you'll find it. Mostly we ask that people not chop it up or rearrange the logo, except as guided. And I can help with any special requests if you want to try to do something that's not covered. We've already had a whole bunch of emails asking, so figured I'd also mention that here. Thanks.

greg

Last edited by greghughespdx : 02-03-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:40 AM

Greg,

Nice job. Huge amount of work, obviously! Overall very impressive. Personally I find the top banner jumping up and down distracting, I could do without that. I found one typo that I emailed you.

John
One Week Wonder Build Team, OSH 2018.
VAF paid through 10/2019.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:40 AM

Default RV-14A Specifications

Check the length of the RV-14A on the specifications page. Thinking it?s a little longer then 2?.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greghughespdx View Post
I can probably help ya with that.
That would be very much appreciated, and I would proudly display the new sticker on my tool box :-)

How do I need to get one from ya?
Wing Kit Started - June 2017
My Build Log: http://www.theskunkwerx.com

VAF Donation paid for 2017