What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nutplate sizes

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
I know that I saw something on this but I'll be darned if I can find it. getting old is no fun!
I'd like to double-check nutplates (the fuselage looks to have hundreds!) with the approptiate size screw.
Can someone give me the screw sizes (or explain the nomenclature) for the following:
Ki-1000-3
Ki-1000-4
Ki-1000-6
Ki-1000-8

Same for KI-1100-6

Thanks very much

Wayne 120241

Nutplates

Wayne,

I am just going by memory. If I am wrong, someone will correct me.
3 stands for 3 sixteenths or #10 screw
4 stands for 4 sixteenths or 1/4"
6 stands for #6 screw
8 stands for #8 screw
A 1 in the hundreds place means the nutplate is designed for dimpled skin.
Joe

Sure, Wayne. They are as follows: K1000-3 or K1100-3 AN3 ( 10-32)
K1000-4 or K1100-4 An4 ( 1/4-28)
K1000-6 or K1100-6 (6-32)
K1000-8 or K1100-8 (8-32)
The K1100 nutplates are for counter sunk Screws ( flush). Hope this helps. Steve

The nutplate dash # is the screw size for #6 and #8, while #3 is for AN3 bolts. Try them with a known screw.
I primered mine (all at once) with different colors of rattle can primer, white clean metal for #3, red oxide #6 and green self etch #8. It saved me confusion.

john

Nutplate Size

Larry, you wouldn't happen to have anything on WASHER nomenclature would you? Van's has about two thousand different size/type of washers and I can't find anything that defines them.
Thanks
Meade and George
#16 (almost done)

Keep a Catalog Handy

I always keep an old Aircraft Sruce catalog handy for reference. The hardware section can save a lot of head scratching.

A zero missing?

Joe,
I may be wrong [also going from memory] but I think that for #6 screws it should be 06, not 6. #8 should be 08, not 8. 6 I believe stands for 3/8" bolt.
Charlie Kuss
PS I just checked to make sure my memory is correct [it never is] For nut plate sizing see

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/anchornuts.php

Wayne,

I am just going by memory. If I am wrong, someone will correct me.
3 stands for 3 sixteenths or #10 screw
4 stands for 4 sixteenths or 1/4"
6 stands for #6 screw
8 stands for #8 screw
A 1 in the hundreds place means the nutplate is designed for dimpled skin.
Joe

Last edited:
Back