What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-12 First Flight

deene

Well Known Member
Sponsor
With the help of many buddies and Mel Asberry's DAR efforts, I completed my RV-12 last week.

I flew it this morning and at the end of the day, have 2.7 hours on the plane.

It flies great and I have another "RV grin"...guess I'm going to have to update my signature block!

Congratulations Deene. Now you'll just have to get used to the slower cruising speed than your -8. I've taken three cross country trips of over a 1,000 nm so far but the slower speed takes a little getting used to.

I might add that I love my -12. It is very comfortable, runs like a sewing machine, and the view is fabulous. I'm sure you will enjoy yours. Good luck.

Last edited:
Deene, big Congrats to you:D

Photos, you know the rules.............didnt happen if no photos;)

Nice

Congratulations on your bird leaving the nest!

To quote Mike" Photos? "

Have fun in phase 1.

Congrats Deele, I know what you feel, felt it one year ago and just finished my first annual. What is your serial number?

We are no longer alone

Haruko and my reign of having the unquestioned "Finest Flying RV-12 at GTU" can now be questioned. Congrats Deene! We'll have to have a few two-ship activities when Haruko returns.

Congrats !!

Excellent Deene, I heard that you were getting real close. I know it has to be a very nice RV12 build if Deene built it! :D

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I am enjoying the RV-12...even going slow(er) is OK, and the low fuel cost is great.

BTY, David, although I'm a Texan, I grew up in Bowling Green and went to school at MU. I visit my relatives several times a year and will try meet up with you next time if you're free...

Back